Metocean & Load Engineer for offshore support structure design
Would you like to join a highly skilled team dedicated to delivering state-of-the-art support structures for our worldwide offshore wind farm portfolio?
Join us and become Metocean & Load Engineer for large offshore wind projects in the Metocean & Loads department where you’ll be responsible for assessing metocean conditions for our future offshore wind farms and for performing site-specific load calculations for the design and re-assessment of offshore support structures.
Your key tasks will be to
- assess metocean conditions to establish a site-specific design basis for the design and re-assessment of offshore support structures and RNA validation
- prepare and perform load calculations as part of the support structure design process
- coordinate our project deliverables towards a variety of stakeholders
- contribute to the continuous improvement of in-house analysis tools (MATLAB/Python).
You’ll be cooperating closely with our steel designers, geotechnical engineers and wind turbine manufacturers to perform the design of the support structures. Further, you’ll ensure that our project deliverables are successfully certified by a third-party certification agency.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s degree in engineering
- have experience in either load analysis of offshore wind turbines using aeroelastic codes or assessment of metocean conditions and loads for offshore structures
- have a thorough understanding of structural dynamics, hydrodynamics, aeroelasticity, stochastic processes and statistics
- have good coordination skills
- have excellent communication skills, thrive in an international environment and speak and write English fluently.
As a person, you’re motivated by making decisions based on an excellent understanding of engineering. You’re solution-oriented and able to manage and prioritise multiple tasks simultaneously in a timely and effective manner. Finally, you show initiative, collaborate easily with colleagues and business partners and provide and welcome feedback.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 27 September 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mads Bredsgaard Randers, Team Lead of Metocean Assessment & Structural Loads, by telephone on +45 9955 4782, or Torben Søndergaard, Manager of Metocean & Loads, by telephone on +45 9955 7125, if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.