We are looking for a dedicated Metallurgist, who wants to deploy metallurgical skills, experience and knowledge to make a difference at Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy.
You will work in our highly advanced laboratory in Brande, Denmark, together with an international team of highly skilled material experts; together with whom you will have the possibility to work on the continuous optimization of our wind turbines.
What are my responsibilities?
You will be part of a versatile and strong team with experts within the field of NDT, mechanical testing and metallurgy; the metallurgy team being the strongest in the wind industry.
Your primary area of responsibility will be investigation and characterization of materials, with main emphasis on iron-based alloys.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Failure analysis and trouble shooting
- Participating in R&D projects
- Contact with local and international research institutions
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You are an engineer holding a master degree
- You have specialized in metallurgy (alternatively materials science)
- You have several years of experience working as a metallurgist.
- You hold a solid theoretical background, and you are familiar working with metallurgical equipment such as LOM, SEM, XRD, OES and hardness measurements.
- As a person you are inventive, persistent and outgoing. You are a self-starting team player who pays attention to “the big picture” as well smallest details.
- You have the ability to convey important and critical information both orally and in writing – to a technical and a non-technical audience.
- You have a systematic and structured approach to your assignments and thrive in a dynamic and international environment
- You possess excellent English skills both orally and written.
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated
Apply online in English by clicking "Ansøg".
Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Christian Højerslev via phone +45 5167 2996
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID (13710) in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.