Mechanical/Senior Mechanical Engineer for wind turbine technology
Do you want to help us optimise our wind turbine technology and create a world that runs entirely on green energy?
Join us and become our new Mechanical Engineer in the WTG Technical department where you’ll be responsible for managing an array of technical matters and supplier agreements regarding our wind turbines.
You’ll become part of a department which is technically responsible for all components of the wind turbine, including mechanical and electrical parts. We support the business throughout the value chain, from technical qualification of wind turbine suppliers over wind farm construction and on to operations. We do this by setting technical requirements, analysing risks and identifying risk barriers as well as other improvements.
Your key tasks will be to
- gather technical requirements for wind turbine contracts in alignment with internal interfaces towards foundation, operations and other internal stakeholders
- manage technical supplier agreements for wind turbines within specific wind farm projects, including following up on requirements and interfaces and identifying opportunities for improvements in cost or lifetime production
- take part in quality assuring the project deliveries from our wind turbine suppliers as well as their sub-suppliers, by converting technical risks into requirements for test and inspection
- follow up on technical issues during design, manufacturing and installation, while managing internal and external stakeholders
Furthermore, you’ll occasionally support the Operations & Maintenance department with troubleshooting, technical changes and other ways of reducing the maintenance cost or extending the lifetime of the turbine.
Your competences include that you
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering or a similar technical background
- have practical experience with drive trains and mechanical structures
- preferably, have experience with system or component design of wind turbines or their installation
- speak and write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
In addition, you have a good technical understanding. You can translate technical observations into concrete project risk descriptions, you are able to identify the actions needed to mitigate risks, and you can manage these actions together with suppliers, projects and colleagues.
As a person, you are self-managed, can prioritise and have good communication skills. This allows you to drive efforts and achieve good results in a complex organisation with many stakeholders. You are open-minded and find motivation in working with others. You feel accountable for your work and deliver as promised.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 27 April 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jacob Wittrock, Manager of WTG Technical, by telephone on +45 9955 7860 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder