Mechanical/Materials/Process Engineer Internship
Join our team and shape the future of bike sensors and advanced technology on bikes. Create the future of bike technology. Follow your vision and be part of the team that makes bikes more fun to ride and bike users more fit.
The big new and promising market for us is e-bike sensors. The goal is to combine smarter electronics with clever mechanical solutions to beat the existing sensors in this market on performance and ride quality parameters. By making e-bikes nicer to ride, you are actually also helping us save the planet by getting more people out of cars and on their bikes :)
Learning new things is guaranteed with this job and SYMBION is an inspiring place for expanding your network both professionally and personally.
We’re looking for a mechanical engineering intern for at least 6 months starting from January 2023. A passion for bikes and cycling is not a requirement, but definitely an advantage to joining our small team. If you want to work with the integration of leading-edge technology in bikes, then we want to work with you.
You will be responsible for developing a new manufacturing process for bonding/gluing strain gauges cost-effectively at a small to medium scale. We build up the process here and prove it with smaller batches. Once the process is mature, we transition your process to a factory in Latvia.
- Independent 3D CAD design work
- Communicating with vendors to select the best materials and optimum processes
- Practical work for bonding and testing quality and reliability
Qualifications & Experience:
- Familiarity with 3D CAD software is required
- Some experience making "things" is a big plus
- Understanding of basic manufacturing methods (CNC, 3D printing, injection molding, laser/water cutting, etc.) is required
- Interest in and understanding of materials
- Language: English is required. Danish is a plus.
As a person:
- Solution-oriented with a sense for finding good and easy ways
- Structured and detail-oriented
- Gets things done
- The office is in the SYMBION office park on Østerbro
- Free lunch buffet, gourmet coffee, fitness facilities, Friday bar, etc.
- As a small startup, we can be very flexible on most parameters as long as we keep focus on creating real results
We want our interns to get one step closer to getting that "real" job, and judging by the stats we have been good at this so far. As an intern, you get a lot of freedom and we help you get adjusted to the Danish work life as well as how to navigate Copenhagen and all its great places.
You will be working side-by-side with an experienced mechatronics engineer and will have your own projects along with supervised tasks that will teach you a lot.
This internship is perfect for the Erasmus program as well as other options.
Simply send a CV and a short note explaining why you would be good at this. There is no set deadline and we normally process applications on a weekly basis.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder