Do you have an eye for detail while seeing it as part of a bigger system? The Test and Verification team at Ambu is looking for a mechanical test engineer, to help us deliver new and innovative products to healthcare professionals worldwide.
We offer a challenging position located at our headquarters in Ballerup where you will participate in securing our ongoing dedication to high quality products. You will be part of an effective innovation culture with a tradition of fast completion of projects, which means that there is a visible link between your results and Ambu’s growth.
Your role in our team
- As a mechanical test engineer, your role will be to participate in product development projects from early prototype development to launch of new display units. In the projects you will perform a wide range of hardware testing e.g. mechanical test, accelerated lifetime, reliability test.
- Many of our test activities are either performed at our own manufacturing sites or at external test partners. It is therefore important that you are comfortable to carry out these test activities in a global setting.
- Besides the hands-on work in the test lab you will also have an important role in reviewing requirements and specifications to provide timely and meaningful feedback. Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test protocols.
- Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to develop and validate new test methods in a global project organization. As a natural part of your work, you will also be responsible for documentation according to FDA and ISO standards.
- Develop and maintain lab test systems and supporting equipment in close cooperation with internal partners.
- Preferably, you hold a Master or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or another relevant degree. We expect you to have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience from a similar role in a regulated industry.
- As you will be part of a testing team that handles a wide range of different test activities it will be an advantage but not a requirement if you also have experience within one or more of the following topics: Design control for medical devices, IEC 60601-1 and IEC 60601-1-2, mechanical and/or system testing.
- General knowledge of traceability, design control, statistics, tolerances and hardware is a plus.
- As a person, you need to be highly analytical and be able to translate user needs as well as medical device standards into Ambu settings. It is important that you take ownership of your tasks and are well-structured and good at handling complexity while having a positive and constructive attitude.
- It is a requirement that you can communicate on a high level in English both verbally and in writing. You also need to be prepared to travel approximately 10 days per year.
We are working in a very collaborative and agile environment, where open and honest discussions is an integral part of the way we solve complex problems. For new team members, we value your willingness to learn new skills and to improve yourself, over having detailed knowledge of everything.
Ambu – a visionary and international workplace where your efforts matter
Ambu is expanding rapidly and has ambitious growth targets. We meet these targets through interdisciplinary teamwork between motivated and highly skilled employees. Your contributions and efforts are crucial to our success and by joining us, you will get the opportunity to work in an international head office with an informal working environment.
We value a healthy work/life balance with the possibility for flexible working hours and/or reduced working time. We also offer a wide range of professional, social and financial employee benefits in addition to exciting job challenges and continuous professional and personal development.
Application and further information
For additional information about the position, please contact Monitor Test and Verification Team Lead, Kresten Bager +(45) 20 99 38 63.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please apply as soon as possible and no later than December 21st.
Your application will be treated confidentially.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder