Mechanical Specialist for energy plants and rotating machinery
Imagine a future where you apply your knowledge to solve challenges on our bio-fired CHP plants and help us shape the renewable energy of tomor
Imagine a future where you apply your knowledge to solve challenges on our bio-fired CHP plants and help us shape the renewable energy of tomorrow
Join us in this role where you’ll be engaged with energy systems and rotating machines, incl. steam turbines, pumps, district heating systems, as well as components in water-steam circuits. You’ll have a wide interface with large parts of our organisation and gain an insight into how we operate our Combined Heat and Power (CHP) plants and ensure sustainable operations. In this position, you’ll have great opportunities to develop your professional and analytical skills.
Welcome to Mechanical & Electrical Systems department
You’ll be part of Digitalisation & Technology in Ørsted Bioenergy where you, together with your colleagues, will support the operation of our energy systems. In our department, we’re a team of highly skilled technical specialists who devise improvement and maintenance projects, as well as providing operational support for all our Danish CHP plants. We contribute to the continued expansion of green technologies and systems, e.g., through technological development and the implementation of new energy plants and processes. Day to day, we value a good working atmosphere with a sense of humour and team spirit.
You’ll play an important role in:
- serving as our technical specialist in rotating machinery, using your extensive knowledge of turbines, pumps, fans, district heating and cooling systems, as well as water-steam circuits
- defining and executing improvement and maintenance tasks in your capacity as a specialist and project manager
- performing operational support, incl. analysing and detecting technical errors within your specialist area, e.g., using vibration monitoring equipment and other operational data
- optimising and improving energy systems in relation to efficiency, maintenance, and availability
- developing new processes and technologies to support the green energy transition and ensure that our bio-fired CHP plants remain attractive to our customers.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor's or master's degree in mechanical engineering, or a degree as a marine engineer
- have experience from the power plant industry with theoretical knowledge of rotating machinery
- are familiar with thermodynamics, as well as most components of the water-steam circuit
- possess knowledge of vibration monitoring, and can use this to analyse and define possible sources of error as well as to balance of pumps and turbines
- can communicate in both Danish and English, with an understanding of technical German being an advantage.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 11 December 2022.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Marc Centhner, Head of Mechanical & Electrical Systems, on (Denmark +45) 50452080, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling between our Danish locations and suppliers, as you’ll have projects and tasks away from your normal workplace.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder