Mechanical Lead Engineer for design of offshore wind substations (OSS) (Esbjerg or Copenhagen)
We invite you to bring your professional engineering background and passion for sustainable energy into play, as you contribute to the development of future offshore wind development projects around the world to support the increasing demand for green energy. To succeed in this role, you must have an excellent technical background combined with the ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across Ramboll’s geographies.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Piping and Mechanical department
As our new Mechanical Lead Engineer, you will be part of an exceptional technical environment with 30 passionate colleagues. The department is highly experienced and delivers engineering and consultancy services on a global scale within the energy sector.
The primary focus areas of the department are the offshore wind and oil and gas sectors. Our services cover the disciplines piping, layout and mechanical. We cover all aspects of a project including concept and feasibility studies, detailed engineering, EPC and follow-up engineering.
You will manage your Discipline team and work closely with other disciplines in a collaborative environment to deliver exciting offshore substation projects for our clients.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Mechanical Discipline Lead on medium and larger projects, leading a project team across countries
- Work closely with the assigned Project Manager ensuring that quality and deadlines are met
- Interact with clients and stakeholders on technical solutions to ensure the best solution for the client
- Coordinate with other disciplines to ensure an optimal and effective project execution of high quality
- Control the economy of the discipline by following up on discipline progress and time consumption
- Handle risks and opportunities
- Ensure that department execution workflows and design tools are updated and maintained
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- A Bachelor, Master or PhD within Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of experience within mechanical design, preferably within the wind industry or a similar field
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Lead where you have proven experience with successfully delivering high quality projects on time and within budget
- You specialise in design and layout - both new designs and modifications
- You have experience with multidisciplinary projects
- You are familiar with 3D design tools and preferably have previous hands-on experience
- You can obtain and maintain offshore certification for working offshore
- Knowledge within HVA/C will be considered an advantage
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and written
- Danish language skills are beneficial
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- You are structured and meticulous
- You enjoy client contact and confidently engage with clients
- You are a good team player
Welcome to our Energy division
Ramboll is at the forefront of addressing the green transition and offers a holistic approach to energy that supports the sector on the journey towards more sustainable solutions. With 1,800 experts in 14 countries, covering the full spectrum of technologies and all parts of the value chain from production and transmission to distribution, we plan, design and implement energy solutions all over the world.
Ramboll in Denmark
Ramboll is a leading engineering, architecture and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945, with 16,500 employees globally. In Denmark, we are 3,500 colleagues delivering innovative solutions within Buildings, Transport, Water, Environment and Health, Energy and Management Consulting. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future, working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
An equal opportunity employer
At Ramboll, we respect human rights and believe that equality, diversity and inclusion foster the best results and a welcoming work environment without discrimination or harassment. Ramboll conducts all relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.
We invite everyone to become a part of our journey. We believe that diversity is a strength and that differences between people add value to our organization and allows us to play our part in creating sustainable societies.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis throughout the application period. We look forward to receiving your application. Deadline: 19th Jul 2021.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.