Do you want to be involved in developing new technologies for our engine builders? Do you want to work in an exciting international company that offers good development opportunities with a high degree of freedom and a large customer circle in everyday life? If so, read this:
About 90% of the world’s trade is moved by marine transport, and are responsible for 2-3% of the world’s CO2 and other greenhouse gas emissions. MAN Energy Solutions, as a global leader in marine solutions, has committed ourselves to eliminating carbon emissions in our engine platforms by 2050. That’s why our engines systems are undergoing a rapid development. They are constantly optimized with the latest technology in fuel and exhaust systems, just as the structural and moving parts in the engines are continuously optimized and further developed.
What am I going to do?
If you want to influence development and ensure that our new technologies are produced efficiently and with the highest quality level, then you may be the right person.
As Mechanical Engineer, you will:
- Describe the appropriate manufacturing method for the new engine technologies for use by engine builders and their subcontractors
- Write easy to understand instructions/procedures combined with other communication techniques, such as video powerpoint, Simple Show etc.
- Work closely with other technical departments in the organization and thereby ensure production friendly design
- Follow initial production and assembly of new components. The travel activity is between 2 to 4 weeks per year
- Optimize design, based on experience from experiments and feedback from production
Who am I?
We imagine that you:
- Have a background as a mechanical engineer, MSc or BSc., production engineer or similar
- Have solid experience with hydraulic installations and sealing techniques
- Have good orally and writing English skills, and the ability to convey theoretical knowledge to user friendly guides
- Are innovative and able to think outside the box in order to find the right solutions
- Have a systematic approach to tasks and independent work management
- Have knowledge of 3D Cad. We use NX / Unigraphics as a design tool
How is my new team/area of business?
The department is responsible for product maturation of new engine technologies that our licensees can produce in an appropriate manner. This is done by describing manufacturing, assembly methods and test scenarios in easy to understand documents. We are a small team with individual competences in different areas. There are a relaxed and open atmosphere and a great humor in the team.
A member in your team describe it as follows: ’’For me being part of this department is like my second home. I sometimes like to compare it with a Marvel superhero team: each member has its own qualities and strengths. But together we are invincible.’’
Who are MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15.000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2.200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we makes a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contributes to a carbon neutral economy.
What can you offer me?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do I apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is Sunday April 25, 2021. We’ll conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact Manager Per Brandt by phone on +45 33 85 28 41. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourage all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder