Mechanical Engineer, Global Service Engineering, Mechanical
Are you interested in joining a global team of experts that drives technical projects within the mechanical area? Then we are looking for experienced mechanical engineers with a passion for the wind power industry.
Siemens Wind Power Services is a reliable partner for all services throughout the wind turbines’ entire lifetime. Having put our passion for wind energy into practice for more than 30 years, we are able to revolutionize expectations. With technological innovations, long-term agreements, and a zero-harm culture, we meet both our partners' and our employees' needs and have proven ourselves the undisputed leader in the offshore wind power industry. Everything we do aims for a single goal: to provide an unparalleled level of quality and sustainability.
Siemens Wind Power Services is growing rapidly and is looking for people who would like to join a dynamic, international company capable of accommodating the development of its employees. A key factor for matching our growth rates and maintaining our leading position is our people - competent, enthusiastic, and highly professional. We are continuously looking for qualified people who would like to join a dynamic and international company.
The Mechanical team in the Service Technology department develops engineering solutions for fleets of high performance technology wind turbines. As a Mechanical Engineer on this team you will be able to highly influence the solutions chosen and of your own career.
What are my responsibilities?
Your main tasks will be to drive technical projects, which includes:
- Drive, document and ensure progress on technical issues.
- Conducting failure root cause analyses based on field tests, inputs from regions etc.
- Analyzing and investigating non-defect and defect components for performance evaluation.
- Take part of developing, validating and documenting retrofit solutions.
- Forecasting field behavior of components, based on statistical and hands-on experience.
- Participating in test and validation of new components.
- Ensuring new components are introduced with respect to the complete system.
- Contribute to the success of Global Service Technology.
Travel activity of 20 days per year as a minimum must be expected. This includes site-visits and visits in the different regional offices around the world.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a M.Sc. or B.Sc. in Mechanical or Marine Engineering. Experience in working with continuous product improvements within the Mechanical field as well as experience with mechanical systems for the wind turbines industry is considered an advantage but it is not a requirement.
- As a person you have a systematic approach to your assignments, and you are capable of working independently as well as in teams. In addition, you are a good observer and you have a flair for spotting details and relating those to a bigger picture.
- Familiarization with different techniques such as root cause analyses and data analyses.
- Possess a strong drive and are motivated by delivering high quality results.
- A systematic, analytical and project-oriented approach to tasks.
- Ability to thrive in an international organization and are able to collaborate and communicate with stakeholders from different organizational levels. This means both working with the service engineers on the different sites and presenting solutions to the senior management.
- Demonstrate competency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Good English skills, both orally and written. Must be able to describe complex faults, participate in preparation of reports, and follow up on final resolution.
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens Wind Power is a leading supplier of wind power solutions for onshore, offshore and coastal sites. Denmark is a core part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 6,000 employees out of a global staff of more than 11,500 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Apply online in English for the job at www.siemens.dk/career. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information about the recruitment process, please contact the recruiting team via phone: +45 4477 5770
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder