Do you want to be part of developing the future of green energy solutions for offshore wind power?
For our Offshore Design within the Service organization, we are looking for a skilled Mechanical Design Engineer.
In offshore design we have the responsibility to prepair and document, tools, and processes to be able to replace failed components. This is a unique opportunity for you to develop your design skills in the various projects you will be contributing to.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving a variety of engineering tasks on all product stages from research and development to design and manufacturing, through to installation, testing and verification, ready for handover to serial
production. You will be part of a dynamic and multicultural R&D environment in a very large and international organization where we work with the latest and most advanced technologies within wind power contributing to future green energy solutions.
About the role
- Concept development and mechanical engineering design within various materials like steel, aluminum, casted iron, composites and plastics, for replacement of components.
- Large assemblies and advances shapes in 3D modeling using NX
- Technical documentation like 2D drafting with Geometrical Product Specifications (GPS),D-FMEA, EHS Design
- Risk Assessment, Tolerance Stack Analysis, Purchase specification, etc.
- Execute design reviews with stakeholders
- Balancing important requirements such as quality, cost, manufacturability, serviceability and EHS
- Using Teamcenter as a document management system for e.g. administration of CAD models
- Participate in prototype assembly in workshop and implement lessons learned
- Work with design improvements, cost outs etc.
- Collaboration with stakeholders throughout the value chain such as Service, Production, EHS, Prototype
- Workshop, Procurement and manufacturing Suppliers
- You probably have a bachelor or master´s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar, with minimum 3 years of experience within product development and mechanical design engineering. Alternatively, you are a highly skilled recent graduate with an educational track record to show for it
- You are an experienced user in 3D modelling and 2D drafting in a CAD tool, preferably with NX Siemens PLM software
- You have good knowledge of manufacturing processes like machining and welding. Preferably you have a craftsman background as e.g. Blacksmith, Industrial technician or Auto mechanic
- Experience with the Machinery directive 2006/42/EC will be an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and challenging conditions. Strong desire and ability to drive improvement and change
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Siemens Gamesa believes passionately in creating a great place to work and offers a wide variety of benefits to our employees. Our major offices feature modern, open working environments, subsidized staff canteens with a variety of quality food, staff social associations, and more.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link.
Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Thomas Skovby Jepsen via phone +45 3037 5678
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for application: as soon as possible
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.