Mechanical Engineer for emissions testing and development
With new legislation and our ambition to secure high quality engines with guaranteed minimum emission levels, we are moving leaps and bounds to provide the most innovative technical solutions. This is your opportunity to join us in our mission and bring your passion for technical testing, the marine industry and a greener future into play.
Welcome to MAN Energy Solutions’ testing department
In Holeby, you will join our testing department where our mechanical and marine engineers are ready to welcome you onboard. Together we are responsible for securing optimal technical aspects through testing to ensure that all our developed and produced solutions adhere to legislation and client needs.
“Emissions are among the most important topics for the future engine business and with more and more alternative fuels becoming available, the task will be getting more and more comprehensive. Our development department is highly dependent on expert input, and thus, you and your colleagues are key influencers of tomorrow’s engines,” says Dr. Hans-Philipp Walther, Head of Department.
Become our emissions expert
All engineers are designated to a specialist area and yours will be testing for emissions, with full responsibility for our measurement equipment and the testing processes. As such, you will travel up to a 100 days per year, together with your fellow mechanical engineers as you venture out to international production sites to perform on-site testing.
Together, you will plan and perform tests on four-stroke medium speed diesel and dual fuel engines for different applications, e.g. auxiliary GenSets as well as propulsion engines and powerplants. You will likewise participate in troubleshooting and development projects in our international development and production facilities as well as:
- Drive test evaluations and verifications
- Interpret data and advise Development and Production on corrective actions to secure adherence to the allowable limits on emissions while optimising engines for customer relevant criteria such as fuel consumption and load acceptance
- Keep up to date on legislation to secure adherence to technical requirements and the achievement of emission certificates
- Follow the development of emission measurement technology to make sure our equipment is always fit for the purpose and be ready to use new methods whenever required
- Actively communicate with licensed partners regarding design and production complexity
- Communicate with other departments and participate in meetings to provide expert knowledge on engine performance, emissions and measurement technology
“The overall planning and coordination of projects will happen in collaboration with me and dedicated project managers. You will however have the opportunity to plan the project processes yourself and work from home or our other Danish offices when needed. So, you will have a lot of freedom and experience that we put a lot of trust in each other to perform to the max,” adds Dr. Hans-Philipp Walther.
Engineer with a taste for combustion and diesel engines
You will join a highly motivated team and work on many different projects that present exciting new challenges every day. Therefore, it is vital that you have a deep interest in the field and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
Furthermore, we are looking for solid knowledge of emissions testing as well as diesel and gas combustion engines, gained either through your studies or professional experience.
You also bring:
- A mechanical or chemical Ph.D. or engineering degree
- The ability to travel up to 100 days per year, mostly to China, India and South Korea, to visit our production and development facilities
- Preferably, some previous experience with emissions testing - though it is not a must
- Fluency in Danish, English and Excel
For further details about the position, please contact Dr. Hans-Philipp Walther, Head of Department, on +45 5469 3489 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application and CV electronically via the link in the job advertisement as soon as possible and no later than 18th of November.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.