For our operational Engineering team, we are looking for a dedicated mechanical Engineer. The team is part of R&D, and has the technical responsibility of constructions within the Nacelle, Generator and Hub on our D3 turbines, released for serial production. The team is a technical support function to our Supply Chain, Procurement, Service and the project management organization, and is responsible for maintaining our product portfolio.
Joining this team, you will be supporting our internal costumers in relation to the Generator on our direct drive technology. That requires a close contact with the production, securing the stability of the Generator line on technology related areas.
What are my responsibilities?
- Manage operational Generator related topics across departments in close collaboration with your colleagues in the team
- Occasionally support the team on topics related to Nacelle and Hub when required
- Supporting our supply chain and procurement with supplier related topics such as design improvements and supplier qualification
- Handle design changes either designed by yourself, or facilitating the design tasks to be completed by others internally or externally
- Making dispositions and taking decisions on non-conformance reports
- Sparing and knowledge sharing with other R&D functions
What else do I need to know?
The team is a mix of talented and passionate employees, with very different backgrounds, skills and experience, which results in a strong teamwork.
The tasks are very different in variety, from minor support tasks, to handling warranty cases, cost out projects, product improvement, production support, and supplier qualification. You should apply for this position if you are looking for an opportunity to joining a very dynamic and agile team where you can utilize your experience while continuously developing your skills being. Especially if you enjoy operational R&D work and like being exposed to many different stakeholders in a large international organization.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering, or a technical degree as production technologist combined with at least 3 years of relevant work experience. We consider it a strong advantage should you have a background as a fitter, smith, welder etc..
- You have experience with 3D/2D design in particular but not limited to steel constructions. Preferably you also have experience with NX, TeamCenter, GPS and SAP. If not, don’t worry, then we will train you.
- You are able to independently evaluate a construction in the terms of functionality, cost, feasible for producing at suppliers, mounting in production and handling by service.
- You are successful in handling multiple projects simultaneous and enjoy having a large variety of tasks and interfaces during the day.
- You enjoy working both independently as well as in a team and stay calm in stressful situations.
- It is important that you are motivated by operating in a multicultural environment and enjoy having a broad interface dealing with, at times, quite complex topics with many interests and opinions.
- You can communicate clearly and effectively on different levels in a large international organization and are used to build and maintain long term relations with internal and external stakeholders.
- You possess excellent English and preferably Danish skills, both orally and in writing.
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
By joining Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. We prioritize being responsible for our employees’ health and well-being, and we offer many employee benefits.
Apply for the job in English via the "Ansøg" link at the top op of the page. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager, Kenni Olsen Jørgensen, via phone +45 2969 3221.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the e-mail.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this e-mail cannot be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: As soon as possible.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder