Mechanical Design Engineer
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
For our Offshore R&D Nacelle Department within the Technology organization, we are looking for a skilled Mechanical Design Engineer. The Nacelle structure is dynamical loaded which results in high requirements for the mechanical components due to the risk of extreme and fatigue failure. This is therefore a unique opportunity for you to develop your design skills in the various projects you will be contributing to.
You will be responsible for driving a variety of engineering tasks on all product stages from research and development to design and manufacturing, through to installation, testing and verification, ready for handover to serial production. You will collaborate with stakeholders throughout the value chain such as Service, Production, EHS, Prototype Workshop, Procurement and Suppliers.
You will be part of a dynamic and multicultural R&D environment in a very large and international organization where we work with the latest and most advanced technologies within wind power contributing to future green energy solutions
How to contribute to our vision
In this role, you will work with development of concepts and mechanical engineering design of mechanical subsystems and components like steel structures, platforms and stairs, yaw system, piping, composites etc.
More specifically you will work with:
- Large assemblies and advance shapes in 3D modeling using NX Siemens PLM. You will be using Teamcenter Siemens PLM as a document management system for e.g., administration of CAD models
- Rough structural calculations using analytical methods and numerical methods (FEM).
- Technical documentation like 2D drafting with Geometrical Product Specifications (GPS), D-FMEA, EHS Design Risk Assessment, Tolerance Stack Analysis, Purchase specification etc.
- Execute design reviews with stakeholders and balance important requirements such as quality, cost, manufacturability, serviceability and EHS.
- Participate in prototype assembly in workshop and implement lessons learned
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for a candidate with a bachelor or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar, with minimum 3 years of experience within product development and mechanical design engineering. Alternatively, you are a highly skilled recent graduate with an educational track record to show for it.
- You are an experienced user in 3D modelling and 2D drafting in a CAD tool, preferably with NX Siemens PLM software.
- You have good knowledge of manufacturing processes like machining and welding, and preferably you have a craftsman background as e.g., Blacksmith, Industrial technician, or Auto mechanic.
- You should be able to work under pressure and challenging conditions and have a strong desire and ability to drive improvement and change.
- You should be a self-starter, be structured and a pro-active problem solver that work well both independently and in teams. Besides, you have a high degree of personal planning and you can meet deadlines.
- You possess strong communication skills in English, orally and in writing.
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
In return of your commitment, we offer you…
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Adem Ziyanak via mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via Kiki.email@example.com.
Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Please apply in English via the apply button.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/explore/journal/wind-engineers-in-denmark
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.