Do you want to be part of developing the future of green energy solutions for offshore wind power?
For our Offshore R&D Nacelle & Hub Department within the Technology organization, we are looking for a skilled Mechanical Design Engineer. The Nacelle and hub structures are dynamical loaded which results in high requirements for the mechanical components due to the risk of extreme and fatigue failure. This is therefore a unique opportunity for you to develop your design skills in the various projects you will be contributing to.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving a variety of engineering tasks on all product stages from research and development to design and manufacturing, through to installation, testing and verification, ready for handover to serial production. You will be part of a dynamic and multicultural R&D environment in a very large and international organization where we work with the latest and most advanced technologies within wind power contributing to future green energy solutions.
What are my responsibilities?
- Concept development and mechanical engineering design of mechanical subsystems and components like steel structures, platforms and stairs, yaw system, piping, composites etc.
- Work with 3D modeling and 2D drafting using NX Siemens PLM
- Work with technical design documentation such as D-FMEA, EHS Design Risk Assessment, Tolerance Stack Analysis, and Design Decision Logs
- Work with structural calculations using analytical methods and Finite Element Analysis
- Execute design reviews with stakeholders
- Collaboration with stakeholders throughout the value chain like Prototype Workshop, Procurement, Service, Production, EHS and Suppliers
- Participate in prototype assembly in workshop and implement lessons learned
- Work with design improvements, cost outs etc.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a bachelor or master´s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar, with minimum 3 years of experience within product development and mechanical design engineering. Alternatively you are a very skilled recent graduate with an educational track record
- A craftsman background as e.g. Smith, Industrial technician or Auto mechanic will be an advantage
- You have knowledge of and experience with structural calculations
- Experience with Teamcenter PLM and the Machinery directive 2006/42/EC will be an advantage
- Experience with Geometrical Product Specifications (GPS) will be an advantage
- Self-starter, structured and pro-active problem solver that work well both independently and in teams
- You have a high degree of personal planning and able to meet deadlines
- You possess strong communication skills in English, orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Adem Ziyanak via phone +45 3067 8198
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder