Mechanical Design Engineer
For our The Operational Engineering team (OEN) within our Offshore Nacelle Technology platform we are looking for ambitious Mechanical Design Engin
For our The Operational Engineering team (OEN) within our Offshore Nacelle Technology platform we are looking for ambitious Mechanical Design Engineers.
The OEN team delivers all relevant engineering competences to support sourcing of components and manufacturing of our direct drive offshore wind turbines. As part hereof constant improvement of our products and specification is central. In parallel OEN monitor and proactively work on improving the performance of our turbines as well as supporting the internal handling of warranty cases.
You should apply for this position if you have the capacity and motivation for providing broad mechanical insight into components for Siemens Gamesa offshore wind turbines. There will be short time from problem identification to successful implementation meaning a fast learning cycle and feedback on your own contribution. You will have a huge possibility to influence the success of our off shore market segment and the transition into a green energy supply.
What are my responsibilities?
As a mechanical design engineer in this team, you will hold a broad mechanical design responsibility working across different departments with many stakeholders. It will be your responsibility to execute design changes from request to implementation in production. In solving tasks you will be coordinating tasks with colleagues in Denmark and India. You will be in charge of design, validation and case handling of tasks and retrofit solutions.
In summary, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Case handling of error correction, design improvements and retrofits - including design and validation
- Concept development and aligning solution with different stakeholders
- Coordination of task with our design office based in India as well as with external vendors
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You probably hold a Bachelor degree as Mechanical Engineer, or similar and maybe some experience with craftsmanship
- Preferably, you have some years of practical experience with mechanical design and production internally as well as through vendors. However, we are also interested in candidates who have graduated from their education recently
- You have a broad mechanical understanding and motivation for working in a R&D and SCM environment
- Experience with NX (CAD) and Team Center will be an advantage
- You have a proven ability to manage a large amount of tasks simultaneous while dealing with many different stakeholders
- You are capable of and motivated by creating results though team work as well as independently
- You are result-oriented, proactive and open-minded to new methods, working persistently towards achieving your goals
- You thrive in an international and dynamic work environment and have the ability to cooperate efficiently across multiple professional disciplines
- You possess strong analytical and outstanding communication skills and are fluent in English, both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Denmark is a core part of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 7.500 employees out of a global staff of more than 27.000 work with wind power solutions in Denmark.
Read more at https://www.siemens.com/global/en/home/markets/wind.html.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
By joining Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. We prioritize being responsible for our employees’ health and well-being, and we offer many employee benefits.
Apply online in English for the job at http://www.gamesacorp.com/en/human-capital/job-offers/ Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Jesper Hammelsvang via phone +45 3037 5820.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder