Mechanical and maritime engineers to MAN Energy Solutions
- Are you a mechanical or maritime engineer?
- Do you have a great interest in mechanical design?
- Can you help us make the world’s best two-stroke marine engines even better?
- Would you like to work in a global company aiming to decarbonize the maritime industry?
Then keep on reading, because we might have a job for you!
MAN Energy Solutions is the market leader in the development of large, two-stroke marine engines for ship propulsion.
Engines and systems for alternative fuels such as methane, ethane, LPG and methanol are developing quickly. Using gas to run a two-stroke marine engine is relatively new and there is a great potential to develop our engines to run on even more combinations of liquid and evaporated fuels.
MAN Energy Solutions in Copenhagen is primarily a licensing company, but we also have own production of key components. We develop the engines and make the detailed design here in Copenhagen, while our licensees in South Korea, Japan and China are responsible for the manufacturing. In addition, we advise shipyards and ship owners about different technical solutions for their propulsion needs. In our work, we use a number of different tools such as 3D CAD systems, PLM software, FEM-programs and “in house” calculation software.
We now seek a number of engineers (M.Sc or B.Sc) for the following departments:
Large Bore Design department, Engine Structure
A team of 11 designers is responsible for constructing the large, welded structural components as well as hydraulic power supply and vibration control parts of our large bore engines. We work in close cooperation with the R&D department and serves our customers with drawings, 3D models, technical advice and troubleshooting.
- New design and optimization of components within hydraulic power supply and large welded structures
- Technical support to our customers
- Participation in design projects conducted in cooperation with other departments
- Theoretically well founded in the field of modelling and design engineering
- Ability to cooperate well and put technical tasks and problems in a broader context
- Systematic and persistent approach to tasks
Large Bore Design department, Piping
A team of 12 designers is responsible for design & development of the complete engine piping systems of two stroke diesel engines.
- Development & calculation of piping design
- Technical advice and troubleshooting
- Supplier contact and preparation of specifications
- Experience with piping systems is an advantage
- Technically creative, systematic and curious
- Craft background is an advantage
Design Small Bore department
A team of 10 engineers is constructing new types of engines including main structure, combustion chamber parts, electrohydraulic components, fuel injection equipment, control and monitoring systems
- Construction and optimization of engine components
- Detailed construction of new engine types
- Technical advice and support
- Draft background is an advantage
- Project work skills
- Technical construction - 3-D design
Marine Project Engineering department
A team of 6 naval architects and engineers is responsible for project support to our licensees, shipyards, design institutes and ship owners concerning engine selection, engine & propeller layout, performance calculations, engine comparisons, waste heat recovery systems, power take off and hybrid solutions and MAN two-stroke engine performance internet data tool CEAS - available on our webpage.
- Ship propulsion analysis
- Innovation and implementation of new & existing ship propulsion systems
- Calculations and advice
- Contact and support to customers
- Technical documentation
- Ability to become an expert in alternative propulsion systems incl. PTO/PTI and hybrid solutions
- Creative and innovative
- Good communicative skills for small and large groups
We offer a workplace with high technical knowledge and long experience of being the absolute market leader in our field. You will be given the opportunity to be a part of the transition into the next generation, more environmental friendly ship propulsion two-stroke engines. We offer varying and stimulating jobs with excellent opportunities for personal and professional development in an international environment.
If you would like to know more about the opportunities, please contact:
Large Bore Design, Engine Structure: Jörgen Marken, tel +45 3385 1175 - email@example.com
Large Bore Design, Engine Piping: Jette Krøll, tel +45 3385 1781 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Design Small Bore: Carsten K. Pedersen, tel +45 3385 2623 - email@example.com
Marine Project Engineering: Bent Ørndrup Nielsen, tel +45 3385 2501 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website at www.man-es.com for further information about us and our transition. You can get to know MAN Energy Solutions’ history, products and more about what it is like to work with us.
Please apply for the positions in English or Danish using the link “Ansøg” as soon as possible, but no later than by 16th January 2019. Please attach your CV, motivation letter and other relevant documentation.
Applications will be evaluated successively and the interviews will conducted continuously.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.