Join us and become Measurement Engineer in the Measurements department where you’ll design and execute all the measurement campaigns needed for loads on the structure, inclinometer, corrosion monitoring and much more. You’ll work closely with stakeholders across the organisation, including experts in wave assessment, loads analysis, foundation design and site classification in designing the best measurements campaigns for our offshore wind farms.
We offer an exciting and interesting job where your work will continuously bring you new challenges. We’re a team spanning several expertise areas.
Your key tasks will be to
- be an active member of the measurement expertise area and be part of the in-house knowledge hub for measurement equipment, load, corrosion and structural measurements
- work with specifying, deploying and ensuring maintenance of measurement equipment from suppliers
- be assigned to projects in all phases of the wind farm life cycle and be responsible for measurement equipment, including coordination with the local site HSE organisation
- ensure that measurements are of the required quality in order to match the campaign specification and to be in close contact with in-house stakeholders to proactively identify campaign requirements from customers
- be subject matter engineer during procurement negotiations on projects and manage contractors during preparation and execution of campaigns
- contribute actively to the development of our knowledge base and participate in solving related development tasks and studies.
You’ll work alongside a project manager and other campaign-responsible engineers in designing, executing and maintaining measurement campaigns for the measurement area on our utility scale wind farms.
Your competences include that you
- have a relevant education within engineering or the natural sciences and substantial operational/field experience within the areas of expertise
- have substantial knowledge within the area of measurements
- are used to interacting with contractors and accustomed to procurement processes and negotiations
- have broad experience managing HSE proactively as a natural part of projects and campaigns
- are GWO certified
- speak and write English fluently, have good communication skills and can present results professionally to your colleagues and stakeholders.
Join a global leader in green energy
Imagine a future where you power your career while creating a world that runs entirely on green energy. Ørsted has been ranked the world’s most sustainable company and is a global leader in offshore wind energy. With a market share of 30%, we’re not only transforming the way the world is powered – we’re leading the global green energy transition.
To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. You’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment where you learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects that will ignite your potential and unleash your talent.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 22 June 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jean-Thomas Meyer, Manager in Measurements, on telephone +45 99 55 61 19 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling to our different sites and to offshore wind farms with our contractors when systems are installed, commissioned and maintained.
Headquartered in Denmark, Ørsted’s 6,500 employees develop, construct and operate offshore and onshore wind farms, solar farms and energy storage facilities, bioenergy plants and provide energy products to its customers. Ørsted Offshore’s 2,700 employees have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we’re expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific. For more information on Ørsted, visit orsted.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.