Join us in this role in the Measurements department where you’ll gather requirements from stakeholders across the organisation, including experts in wave assessment, loads analysis, foundation design, and site classification. Based on their requests, you’ll design and execute the Metocean measurement campaigns (ex. Wind, Waves, Current, Environment) for our upcoming wind farms.
Welcome to Measurements
You’ll be part of our Measurements department where you, together with your colleagues, will work alongside a project manager and other campaign-related engineers in designing, executing, and maintaining measurement campaigns or equipment's.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being an enthusiastic member within the Metocean expertise area, and as part of the in-house knowledge hub for Metocean measurement equipment, covering wind, wave, tidal, and ocean current measurements
- taking responsibility for Metocean equipment, including coordination with the local site HSE organisation
- ensuring that measurements are of the required quality to match the campaign specification
- working in close contact with in-house stakeholders to identify campaign requirements acting as subject matter engineer during procurement negotiations on projects and managing contractors during the preparation and execution of campaigns
- contributing actively to the development of our knowledge base and participate in solving related development tasks and studies.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have relevant degrees within engineering or natural sciences, and are GWO certified
- have a good knowledge of Metocean measurements, incl. key technologies such as wave buoys or radars, current profilers by ADCPs, as well as floating or ground-based LiDARs
- are used to interacting with contractors, and are familiar with the procurement process and negotiations
- are strongly analytical when it comes to data, and possess a good knowledge of IT
- speak and write English fluently, have good communication skills, and can present results professionally to your colleagues and stakeholders
- are preferably acquainted with the full life cycle of offshore wind farm projects and have experience of working in complex matrix organisations, incl. experience with managing contractors.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 16 January 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Bonnesen, Manager, on +4599559578 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work.
For the UK position, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.