Measurement Engineer for load and corrosion campaigns on offshore wind farms
Are you a measurement engineer with a passion for offshore wind?
Join us and become Measurement Engineer in the Measurements department where you’ll work closely with suppliers of measurement equipment to ensure that we’re always supplied with the best technologies for deployment of our wind farms.
You’ll work closely with stakeholders across the organisation, including experts in wave assessment, load analysis, foundation design and site classification, on designing the best load measurement campaigns for our offshore wind farms. Furthermore, you’ll help ensure that our wind farms are serviced and provided with an up-to-date load measurement campaign that’s adapted to the project requirements during all phases of their life cycle.
Your key tasks will be to
- be an active member within the measurement expertise area and be part of the in-house knowledge hub for measurement equipment and load and corrosion measurements
- work with specifying, deploying and ensuring maintenance of measurement equipment from suppliers
- be assigned to projects in all phases of the wind farm life cycle and be responsible for measurement equipment, including coordination with the local site HSE organisation
- ensure that measurements are of the required quality to match the campaign specification, and be in close contact with in-house stakeholders to proactively identify campaign requirements from customers
- be subject-matter engineer during procurement negotiations on projects and manage contractors during the preparation and execution of campaigns.
You’ll work alongside a project manager and other campaign responsible engineers on designing, executing and maintaining measurement campaigns for the measurement area on our utility-scale wind farms. We aim at always being able to design and implement the highest value measurement campaigns that meet the need of our internal customers, enabling them to receive the data needed for design efforts and site assessment.
You’ll also contribute actively to the development of our knowledge base and participate in solving related development tasks and studies.
Your competences include that you
- have a relevant education within engineering or natural sciences and substantial operational/field experience within the areas of expertise
- have substantial knowledge within the load measurements area
- are used to interacting with contractors and accustomed to the procurement process and negotiations
- have broad experience with managing HSE proactively as a natural part of projects and campaigns
- are GWO-certified.
Furthermore, you speak and write English fluently, have good communication skills and are able to present results professionally to your colleagues and stakeholders. It’s an advantage if you have knowledge of the full life cycle of offshore wind farm projects and experience with working in complex matrix organisations. It’s also beneficial if you have experience with managing contractors and installation of equipment on offshore sites.
As a person, you’re open-minded and thrive on working with stakeholders outside your department with different focus areas. You can find pragmatic solutions as well as being able to prioritise your tasks during busy and challenging periods. Moreover, you can manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a timely and effective manner.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 20 May 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jean-Thomas Meyer, Manager in Measurements, by telephone on +45 9955 6119 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling to our different sites and to offshore wind farms with our contractors when systems are installed, commissioned and maintained.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.