Would you like to get involved with product development, using your expertise and ideas to help develop the next generation of high-end hearing aids for consumers around the world?
Welcome to GN Hearing - we make life sound better
In our headquarters in Ballerup, you will become a part of the Product Development team, dedicated to developing intelligent audio solutions that let you hear more, do more and be more than you ever thought possible. To help us achieve this, you will work alongside mechanical and acoustic engineers, a fellow materials specialist and other talented colleagues from R&D, Marketing, Procurement, UX and many other functions on innovative development projects.
Explore the materials that make a true difference
With a focus on enabling maximum usability, durability, consumer safety and comfort, you work on developing future solutions by bringing the right materials and materials technology into the mix. Specifically, you:
- Scout different industries - such as the MedTech, consumer electronics and lifestyle product industries - for relevant materials
- Research potential materials, suggest the most relevant to the organization and partake in the decision-making processes
- Support global R&D with advice on materials as well as polymer and surface chemistry, ensuring consumer safety and usability throughout
- Develop and execute verification plans and continuously check for compliance with regulatory requirements
- Support toxicology testing processes by delivering data to external partners
- Travel up to 10 days per year to meet with potential suppliers, attend technology trade shows, etc.
Think differently, work creatively
The next generation of high-end hearing aids are currently in the works, and we focus greatly on user benefits - which will also be your main focus.
“This position is about finding and maturing the future materials for the best hearing aids in the world. About exploring and experimenting with new technologies from different industries and thinking creatively to see how these can be used to provide unique benefits for our clients,” says Director of Product Development Andreas Schousboe.
Deep insight into materials technology and science
Through engaging communication and cooperation with highly competent experts in their fields, you are able to proactively build relationships across divisions and borders and motivate your colleagues to keep momentum going until projects reach the finish lines. You are constantly focused on consumer needs and thereby driven to challenge processes and thoughts to ensure that consumers are always first and center throughout the development processes.
Furthermore, you have:
- Experience with materials science, polymer chemistry and/or surface chemistry, perhaps from previous positions as a materials chemist or scientist, research engineer, metallurgist, chemist, physicist or similar
- A degree in physics, chemistry, materials science or the like
- Preferably, some experience in ISO 10993-1 or generally within medical devices or medical grade plastics - though it is not a must
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in English
Would you like to know more?
To apply, use the ‘Ansøg’ link no later than 18-07-2019. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Director of Product Development Andreas Schousboe on +45 2922 0292.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.