Join us in this role where you’ll be defining the Group’s maritime standards at sea and developing the vessel operators’ standards by vessel inspections, office audits, dialogue, workshops, etc.
Welcome to Marine Inspection & Technical Staff
Together with your colleagues in Marine Inspection, which consists of two marine specialists and a student assistant, you’ll globally manage all inspections of vessels in Offshore during both construction and operation of our offshore wind farms.
You’ll play an important role in:
- defining the maritime vessel requirements in Offshore whilst developing systems for enforcing it on our contractors’ vessels
- communicating and training internally and externally of colleagues, contractors, and vessel operators in understanding Ørsted requirements and expectations
- managing all our vessel inspections/in-surveys by performing desktop inspections, some physical inspections on the vessel, and coordination and training of external vessel inspectors in performing physical inspections onboard the vessels
- defining and performing office audits of vessel operators mainly for vessel operators in new markets, whom we have no or little experience working with.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have strong interest in and knowledge of maritime safety and regulations (SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, etc.)
- are possessing a natural authority, have a positive interest in others, and likes to ensure a win-win situation
- are a natural when it comes to communication, presentation, and training of many stakeholders in English
- are team-oriented and enjoy discussing with and listening to your colleagues and are open to change, both at team, department, and company level
- are robust, like to participate in driving us forward, and are used to prioritising between many smaller and bigger tasks of both urgent and less-urgent nature
- preferably, but not necessarily, have a background as a Marine Superintendent, QHSE in the maritime sector, or Master Mariner – but experience with vetting and office system audits is more important.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 30 August 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Dorte Voravong, Head of Marine Inspection and Technical Staff, by telephone on +45 99 55 68 81 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact email@example.com if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be representing the global team covering the US, Europe, and APAC (long-distance travelling is expected to be approx 3-4 times per year with a maximum duration of a week).
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.