Take up the challenge as Electrical Engineer in the Electrical and Automation department in our Copenhagen headquarter in the department that is a part of Fleet Technology in Maersk Line.
Fleet Technology is a specialized maritime engineering competence center responsible for ship design and supporting the Maersk Line fleet of more than 300 container vessels. We also support Svitzer and Maersk Tankers on a smaller scale.
Fleet Technology delivers the complete project lifecycle for Newbuilding’s, Ship retrofit and conversions, Ship Recycling, technical innovation and a variety of other specialist technical services to the Maersk fleet.
An exciting role with the world’s largest Vessel operator.
You will be part of projects with a large variation in complexity and size, from small investigations to large fleet-wide retrofit projects impacting the way the fleet is operated.
You will be part of a dynamic and international organization with your Electrical colleagues located in Copenhagen covering across the technical disciplines of ship technology.
In this position, you will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Ship Management support
- Technical innovation
- Business case development.
You will work in close cooperation with Machinery and Naval Architect colleagues in Fleet Technology as well as our Fleet Management & Technology colleagues responsible for managing the fleet.
And even though we wear business casual clothes, we have an informal tone in the office.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for managing Newbuilding projects within Electrical, Automation, Navigation and communication discipline.
You will manage electrical and automation retrofit projects as required, including defining scope, planning, execution and saving validation.
Other key tasks:
- Assist in design and developments of future vessel electrical and automation systems
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in projects in close cooperation with internal and external stakeholders
- Communicating complicated messages in compelling ways to internal stakeholders, shipyards, classification societies and suppliers and works closely with Subject Matter Experts in a non-hierarchal project set-up
- Preparing and reviewing technical specification, drawings as well as being part of negotiations with Shipyards and Suppliers
- Manage Fleet energy optimization program execution in cooperation with internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in project commissioning as required to ensure performance according to specifications.
We are looking for:
The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical and/or Automation control with minimum 5 years’ work experience from a reputed organization focusing on ship design possibly covering Newbuilding / Retrofit of container vessels.
Preferably you have some experience as project manager / Engineer in implementation of large complex electrical and automation projects onboard vessels.
- Have in-depth understanding of concept design and integration of different electrical, automation and navigation systems onboard
- Are preferably experienced in digitalization and connectivity projects in marine systems
- Has an international mindset and shows the excitement to engage and deal with multiple stakeholders even in challenging situations
- Preferably has experience in coaching, supervising and leading small technical team of engineers
- Demonstrates strong technical and analytical skills
- Have understanding of the business case development - it will be an advantage
- Excels in English written and verbal communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
In return, there will be plenty of room for personal development as well as the opportunity to help progress the leading edge of shipping.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.