Manager for Wind Turbine Fabrication
Can you motivate a team of highly skilled fabrication managers and supervisors working with manufacturing and quality control of wind turbines?
Manager for Wind Turbine Fabrication management
Can you motivate a team of highly skilled fabrication managers and supervisors working with manufacturing and quality control of wind turbines for our offshore wind farm projects?
Join us and become Manager for our Wind Turbine Fabrication mgmt. department which is responsible for planning and follow up on the manufacturing of wind turbines and davit cranes supplied to our offshore wind farm projects. We cooperate closely with our colleagues across the entire organisation and participate in all project phases. You will join a leadership team within WTG Product Risk consisting of three managers and one lead specialist, where you will be the daily manager of the department consisting of a mix of engineers and supervisors being responsible for the planning and execution of WTG quality assurance and quality control activities.
The department is part of Wind Power, which has 1,800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world’s largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe.
You may choose freely to be based either at our office in Skærbæk near Fredericia or in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Your key duties will be to
- conduct line management and provide leadership, supporting the employees to deliver in projects on time, within budget, in the right quality and safely with focus on people leadership
- in cooperation with our internal stakeholders, set the direction of how we work efficiently with quality assurance and quality control of supplied products
- provide skilled and competent resources with the right mind-set to projects and programmes
- assure the quality of the work performed by own resources.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for recruitment, training and management as well as raising risks and proposing mitigations for own functional areas. You will also maintain and develop concepts and knowledge, including lessons learned in best practice.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a bachelor or master's degree in engineering, and that you have worked with product quality, preferably within wind turbine technology
- have experience in team management, preferably from a strong matrix organisation managing people from a distance
- have a collaborative mind-set and being able to cooperate in a fast pace environment
- are a strong communicator and excellent at explaining complex matters in a simple way
- are a strong leader and excellent at supporting and developing your team.
Furthermore, you are a skilled stakeholder manager. You are able to maintain the big picture while understanding the importance of minding details at all levels. You know how to standardise processes and deliverables to streamline our business. You speak and write English fluently, you thrive in an international environment and can handle numerous tasks simultaneously. Preferably, you have experience from the offshore wind industry.
A unique and challenging job where you have every opportunity to develop your skills, when you help to carry out some of the world’s largest offshore wind projects.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
Please do not hesitate to contact Bjarne H. Hansen, Senior Manager for WTG Product Risk, on telephone +45 9955 4153, if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files by 7 February 2017.
Click on the button "Ansøg" to submit your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder