Manager of Retrofit & Upgrade and Long-term Service Agreements
In the Retrofit & Upgrade and Service Agreement department we support our customers and their business by entering into partnerships to help our customers gain the full potential of their MAN products.
The team works together in identifying which solutions should be offered to our customers, solutions span wide from retrofitting or upgrading of single components to entering into Service Agreements.
The Retrofit & Upgrade and Service Agreement department has the responsibility evaluating and developing new retrofits and service concepts and subsequently implementing and operating these. MAN Energy Solutions has local sales offices worldwide which depend on support and sales material from the Headquarter. All Four-stroke Retrofit & upgrades must be available with support for our colleagues worldwide with the newest and most feasible solutions enabling them to assist our customers.
Our team often becomes the natural connection between internal departments such as the Spare Parts department, Technical Service department, Engineering department and Operation department, it is often in this connection that new ideas are born and brought life.
Our team works closely together with our international customers and our global organization.
You will be the daily responsible Manager for a team of 13 skilled and motivated employees, mainly within technical disciplines.
What are we looking for?
You will be responsible for the department's performance KPI's including that of ensuring desired growth for the department, and participate in formulating the cost budget, responsible for monitoring and compliance. Also, you will be an important stakeholder in strategy work in order to anchor the new strategy.
You will perform daily management tasks of staff according to their job description, as well as, providing the following:
- Lead and further develop the team, which includes setting performance goals, holding yearly employee performance reviews, ensuring training, etc.
- Ensure productive collaboration within the team and with other departments
- Manage a broad contact surface both internally in the organization and externally with customers
- Active participation in Management team in the department
- Responsible for implementation of new processes and procedures in the group
- Travel activity up to 60 days a year
We are looking for an experienced People Manager with a solid background and toolbox within business development and project business, as well as a strong technical and commercial foundation as well as mindset. The preferred candidate has min. 5-10 years of direct management experience from project sales in the marine or machine industry. The candidate has proven high performance in managing technical specialists and can demonstrate experience in developing and implementing international business strategies. You must have an attitude with a strong will and desire to develop in this position.
- Relevant degree on a B. sc. Or M. Sc. Level in mechanical engineering and leadership, sales or business programs
- Min. 5-10 year of experience from a similar position, preferable from the maritime market
- Solid mechanical understanding
- Strong knowledge of project sales business models
- Experience in change management
- Sales management strategy understanding
- Proven performance in managing technical specialists
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing, a knowledge of German is a strong advantage
- Strategic & commercial mindset and ability to communicate complex information
- Ability to motivate the organization to walk the extra mile
- Open-minded and ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Strong character with the ability to develop the area into a focal point
- A hands on type
- Long-term employment with great career opportunities in MAN Energy Solutions
- A job in a market-leading and trendsetting international company
- An exciting job with contact to various cultures - a truly global job
Are you interested?
Then send us your application, CV, any relevant documents and documentation for ongoing education via the link “submit application” no later than 12 September 2019. Please feel free to contact Head of GenSet & Power Per Karlsmose, ph.+45 5469 3316 if you have any questions or need further information concerning the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.