Cook Medical is looking for an experienced and visionary Manager for our Process Development department, which is a part of the global Research & Development of the Cook Group. The department consists of employees who are responsible for developing and implementing processes for the manufacture of complex medical devices including but not limited to, nitinol components which form class 3 implants. The position gives the experienced leader an attractive opportunity to drive the development of the department, technically as well as humanly, in an innovative medical device environment.
You will be responsible for managing and coordinating the projects and assignments of the department and for ensuring that the right resources are available so that the output will meet the internal and external requirements of Cook Medical's products at any time.
You are expected to primarily take on the personnel management in the department, and that you will be working closely together with leaders and project workers internally as well as with the global organization. With your engaging and motivating managerial style, you will initiate and drive the projects and ensure a continued innovative and inspiring cooperation in the department.
Your tasks will be:
- Leading the department, including coordinating and prioritizing the assignments
- Assisting the project leaders in planning and ensuring the progress of the projects
- Ensuring a high quality of the documentation on projects and products
- Participating in the development of new components
- Optimizing processes and ensuring that the department achieves results
- Developing the department further, focusing on cooperation, competence development and daily sparring
- Participating in and having an influence on Cook Medical's global R&D agenda
You have a relevant further technical education combined with management experience, and you like working with people and developing their skills at different academic and educational levels. You know how to motivate your employees in a constantly changing department and company. You are solution-oriented and know how to drive the development process, balancing between finding the right solutions and at the same time focusing on completion of the delivery. For the right person, who is also willing to change and flexible, there will be good opportunities for personal and professional development.
Cooperation and understanding across the organization, locally and globally, are a must, and we expect that social intelligence goes hand in hand with a very organized approach to the assignment. You are analytical as well as executive and have an eye for the operational part. You are performance-oriented and stress tolerant and able to work at a high pace, and you meet deadlines promptly. In addition, we expect you to be investigative, to acquire the necessary knowledge and to share this and you competences with the team.
- You have a relevant technical education, possibly as an engineer, preferably combined with a degree in personnel or project management
- You have minimum 5 years' management experience from a technical organization, of personnel as well as of projects
- Experience with Transfer to Manufacturing an advantage
- Experience with FDA Part 820 and ISO13485 an advantage, alternatively experience working in another highly regulated industry
- Experience with Lean and Six Sigma an advantage
- Knowledge of Design of Experiment (DoE) and process validation an advantage
- Fluency in verbal and written English (corporate language)
Cook Medical has a healthy company culture with a strong common set of values. Responsible, competent and professional staff is our most important resource. We have a flat organizational structure and focus on open dialogue. Qualities such as determination, loyalty and humour are highly appreciated.
The staff of Cook Medical helps to uphold the company’s philosophy of developing innovative medical solutions to raise the quality of patient treatment worldwide - we make a difference every day.
Cook Medical offers a well-organized internal training course which is taken by all new staff to enable them to quickly gain thorough knowledge of the company.
In addition to a salary package with pension, we offer flex time, a bonus system, health insurance, as well as free use of the company’s own gym.
For further information about the job, please feel free to contact Mike Hardert, Director Global R&D, Vascular Division by e-mail email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is August, 6 2018
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder