Join us in this role where you’ll be leading two teams of specialists in a department responsible for assessing wind and marine conditions for our future offshore wind farms, and for calculating loads for the design and reassessment of offshore wind turbine structures.
Welcome to Metocean & Loads
You’ll be part of our leadership team in Metocean & Loads, who supports our organisation with expert knowledge from feasibility and concept studies to detailed designs, and follow up in the operations phase. The two teams ‘WTG Modelling & Technology’ and ‘Measurement Analysis and Verification’, consist of 16 specialists responsible for the development of our in-house aeroelastic tools and for the maturity evaluation of new wind turbine types, incl. their aeroelastic model implementation. Furthermore, the teams perform analysis of field measurements and reassessments of our operating assets for verification of design assumptions and validation of design models.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing leadership on daily line management tasks, including scoping of tasks, resource allocation, and recruitment
- driving yearly processes in relation to developing the team members’ personal and professional competences, and conducting performance and salary reviews
- proactively supporting the team in delivering on time, within budget, and in the right quality according to the business demand
- maintaining and developing tools, processes, and ways of working to ensure the continuous improvement of the team’s performance
- nurturing an innovative and high performing culture by setting strategic direction in collaboration with the leadership team consisting of three line managers and two senior lead specialists.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an educational background in engineering, preferably with expertise in the technical area covered by the team
- have experience with leadership of highly specialised and talented engineers in a strong matrix organisation
- have a good technical understanding that allows you to easily comprehend the challenges that the team members are facing
- are motivated by creating structure, driving initiatives, and change processes to completion
- are open minded and thrive with delegating, motivating, and empowering others to succeed
- thrive in an international environment, and speak and write English fluently in order to excel in creating good relationships with your stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 7 March 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Torben Søndergaard, Senior Manager, on +4599557125 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.