Imagine a future where you head experts defining and developing the designs of our future offshore wind farm structures
Join us in this role where you’ll be leading our Metocean Assessment & Structural Loads team. The team is responsible for assessing wind and marine conditions for our future offshore wind farms and for performing site-specific integrated load analyses for the design of offshore wind farm structures.
Welcome to Metocean & Loads
You’ll be part of our leadership team in Metocean & Loads, a department consisting of three teams supporting our organisation with expert knowledge on all aspects related to metocean and loads, from feasibility and concept studies to detailed design and follow-up in the operations phase. You’ll have a wide range of managerial responsibilities and will have to ensure that your team of specialists delivers high-quality services in cooperation with our many stakeholders in a dynamic setting where requests and priorities change rapidly.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing leadership on daily line management tasks, including scoping of tasks, resource allocation, and recruitment
- driving yearly processes in relation to developing the team members’ personal and professional competences and conducting performance and salary reviews
- proactively supporting the team in delivering on time, within budget, and in the right quality according to the business demand
- managing the maintenance and development of tools, processes, and ways of working to ensure the continuous improvement of the team’s performance
- nurturing an innovative and high-performing culture by setting strategic direction in collaboration with the leadership team consisting of three line managers and two senior lead specialists.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience with leadership of highly specialised and talented engineers
- understand the nature of a strong matrix organisation and are used to coordinating many tasks and stakeholders at the same time
- have an educational background in engineering in the technical area covered by the team or have relevant experience, allowing you to easily comprehend the challenges that the team members are facing
- are motivated by creating structure, driving initiatives and change processes to completion
- are open-minded and you thrive with and excel in delegating, motivating, and empowering others to succeed
- thrive in an international environment and speak and write English fluently in order to excel in creating good relationships with your stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 02 May 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Torben Søndergaard, Senior Manager, on +4599557125 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.