Can you motivate and lead a team of highly skilled employees working on our international offshore wind projects?
Join us and become Manager of our Electrical & Mechanical Substation Design department where you'll manage a dedicated team of 17 technical specialist with electrical Low Voltage, Utility & Mechanical Design who are part of a large functional area delivering project management and engineering services to our offshore wind projects. You'll join a dynamic leadership team consisting of five managers, one Lead Specialist and one Senior Lead Specialist. We cooperate closely with our colleagues across the entire organisation and participate in all project phases.
Your key tasks will be to
- handle the day-to-day management of the department, ensuring that you provide skilled and competent resources with the right mind-set to projects and programmes
- provide leadership for your employees, supporting them in delivering their projects on time, within budget, at the right quality and in a safe way
- boost your employees' skills within leadership, proactiveness, stakeholder and scope management
- assure quality of work performed by own resources and recruit, train and manage people development
- raise risks and propose mitigations for own functional area.
Furthermore, you will maintain and develop concepts and knowledge, including lessons learnt in best practice.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have significant leadership and team management or project management experience from a strong matrix organisation and have managed employees from a distance
- have a bachelor's or a master's degree in electrical engineering, solid technical understanding and relevant experience within the onshore and offshore industry
- have business acumen and understand the key drivers and levers that influences business performance
- are a strong communicator and excellent at explaining complex matters in a simple way, especially in English
- are able to drive yourself and your team forward, can function as a leader throughout the organisation and be a role model for our culture and guiding principles.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 7 January 2017, as we'll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don't hesitate to contact Michael Thomasberg Andersen, Director of Substations Electrical & Commissioning Management, by telephone on +45 9955 2834 if you'd like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be reviewed, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 9955 2834