Do you want to work to lead a strong and well-functioning team of designers? Do you want to be responsible for designs of large bore two-stroke engines? Then you should join us.
As our new Department Manager, you will join MAN Energy Solutions on an exciting journey. We are the global market leader of energy efficient and fuel flexible large marine engine systems. You will be a part of Design, Large Bore Two-Stoke department organized in 5 departments.
We are looking for a Department Manager, who is self-driven, but still a team player and thrives in a challenging role to lead and develop the Piping & Control Department.
What are you going to do?
You will lead one of the departments of 12 members covering all engine pipe systems. Together with your team, you will secure:
- Engineering and development of various high and low pressure Piping Systems on our engines carrying oil, water, gas, air. This also include our Pneumatic Control systems.
- Efficient handling of all the Engine Control parameters as well as Performance Layout Data.
- Continue our efforts to create “smart designs” as well as you will seek to implement modularization in our designs whenever it is possible.
- Documentation of instrumented parts for our test engines.
- Advise our external and internal customers within the final design of the large bore engine portfolio.
You will be responsible for the daily management. You will secure efficient execution of the design delivery to our main customers - the Licensees. You will support design projects and tasks as well as coordination with the other teams across the two-stroke engine business in Copenhagen and Aurangabad in India that contributes our final design deliveries.
As a department manager, your focus will be to continue to develop the department into further effectiveness and capability in a constantly changing environment, where green solutions are developing fast.
Who are you?
We imagine that you have:
- A degree in Engineering and Leadership/project management experience and it is preferred that you have experience from the maritime industry, or have been leading other Design or R/D departments
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong communication skills at all levels in the organization as well as towards the customers
- A talent of leading people and develop the employee’s competencies, and you set up clear goals for your team aligned with the MAN ES strategy
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to apply structure to a busy working day for yourself and your teams
- The competencies to develop the right level of quality into our design documentation to our customers
How is your new team/area of business?
In the Piping & Control department, we are passionate, ambitious and love what we do. We design components to make our engines more efficient, with less environmental footprint. In cooperation with other departments, and our customers, we take concepts and ideas and turn them into commercial design, ready for production. We strive to deliver top products, the best customer support trough collaboration and efficient work processes.
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do you apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is Wednesday 4th of August 2021. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Senior Manager, Henrik Møller Hansen by phone on +45 3385 1197. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.