Do you want to help us ensure high-quality engineering support for the development of offshore wind projects as well as coaching and motivating your employees to deliver optimal performance?
Join us and become Manager for our Geotechnical Site Assessment team where you’ll be responsible for an engineering team delivering engineering support related to scoping, planning, execution and data interpretation of geotechnical site investigations (field and laboratory testing) for all our offshore sites in Northern Europe, the US, Asia-Pacific and rising markets globally.
Other team tasks include ground model development in close collaboration with our geophysicists and geologists as well as preparation of geotechnical interpretative reports. This will provide support to the geotechnical design and installation of foundations for wind turbine generators and offshore substations as well as HV subsea cables engineering. The team currently includes sixteen highly skilled engineers who are equally distributed between Denmark and the UK.
Your key tasks will be to
- ensure that the Site Assessment team is delivering high-quality geotechnical engineering support for our international wind farm projects, and that the services are undertaken professionally and support our strategic targets to drive down the cost of electricity
- support the lead specialists in the competence development and standardisation of engineering, knowledge sharing and QA/QC processes
- be responsible for people development and for planning, prioritisation and delegation of new assignments and projects
- motivate team employees to achieve good results and ensure that employees have the right competences and mindset to support projects.
You’ll also provide feedback to employees on a regular basis and follow up on the employee development interview/appraisal dialogues. In addition, you’ll manage business relationships with internal and external key stakeholders. Furthermore, you’ll develop the short and long-term team strategies in line with the company goals in collaboration with the lead specialists.
Your competences include that you
- have relevant experience in engineering related to the development and design of offshore wind farms
- have a relevant master’s degree or PhD, preferably from a geotechnical, civil engineering or other relevant discipline
- have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and inspire
- are good at creating cross-organisational networks at all levels in a large matrix organisation
- speak and write English fluently and have excellent communication skills, enabling you to convey your messages smoothly and efficiently to your business partners and to your team in both face-to-face and virtual environments.
Preferably, you have experience as a manager leading a diverse and multi-locational engineering team. Moreover, you have a positive, open-minded and results-oriented approach to your work and a personal drive to proactively suggest improvements within your area of responsibility.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 17 January 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Willem Knoops, Head of Geotechnical Engineering, by telephone on +44 7500 953231 or by email on email@example.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect to travel between Europe and the UK approximately once or twice every month in relation to your work and occasionally to US and Asia-Pacific regions. However, we pride ourselves in having a strong family and life-friendly ethos and approach to our ways of working. As part of our commitment to a more diverse and inclusive workforce, we’re flexible in making reasonable adjustments to working practices, within the constraints of the role’s principal accountabilities.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.