Do you want to join a technology front runner within low-energy wireless audio products? And are you ready to collaborate with the best in the field?
We are seeking a team manager for a new position within R&D, Device Software (DSW). DSW is the organization responsible for firmware development, where feature, platform and technology development are tied to our innovative hearing aids and accessories. In the new team manager position we welcome both experienced managers as well as people who aspire to take on a technical people leadership role for the first time.
Leading major technology shifts with intelligent audio solutions
As our new team manager, you will be part of the Operating Systems department within DSW. Our department is responsible for developing firmware for all GN hearing aids and accessories – solutions that allow our users to hear more, do more and be more than ever thought possible.
Integrating software and hardware, we develop the next generation of wireless connectivity protocols, embedded operating systems and low-level drivers. In fact, we are spearheading architecture and platforming for the next generation of ultra-low power audio.
Join us right in the sweet spot of technological innovation.
As a team manager you will refer to the Head of Operating Systems and be line manager for a skill group of approx. 10 individual software developers, who work in different, cross-functional Scrum teams. These developers do real-time embedded software solutions constrained by MIPS, memory and power consumption. As the developed software assets are done by multiple teams, the team manager plays an important role in ensuring that developers collaborate to ensure coherent technical solutions, peer reviews, knowledge sharing across teams and projects, common test environments and tools. Driving scalable and reusable software implementation and automated testing is crucial.
- Recruiting, coaching, sparring, challenging, supporting, developing and retaining talent on individual level
- Foster high-performing teams and support them in continuously improving their development maturity, technical health, methodologies, processes, tools and collaboration.
- Operational focus and supportive leadership - close to daily development in the teams
- Help driving improvements, both technical and process wise, within function
- Increase internal knowledge sharing and establish Communities of Practice
- Collaborate with staff on motivational and engagement improving initiatives
Depending on the candidate, there are opportunities to take on additional roles, if feasible:
- Scrum Master or Product Owner for an agile team
- Epic Owner
- Project manager/coordinator for technology projects
Step into a team of competent developers
Our development process is iterative with an emphasis on synchronized cadence, and we use a continuous integration workflow with e.g. automated builds and tests. Moreover, we ensure regular alignment by having common planning, demoing and retrospectives across the development teams to facilitate collaboration on common solutions.
You bring leadership and collaborative skills
- Positive and constructive mindset
- Action-oriented and quality-aware
- Empathic, supportive and good listener
- Facilitator who can drive and structure improvements
- Good communication skills
Moreover, we expect that:
- You have a degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
- You enjoy working with other people and take a lead role
- You have developer experience with software
- You have experience with continuous integration and a high software development maturity level
- You are motivated by agile and lean software development principles
- You speak and write English effortlessly
Would you like to know more?
To apply, use the ‘Ansøg’ link no later than December 17th, 2019. Applications are assessed on a continuing basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.