Manager of department responsible for construction and commissioning of wind farms
Would you like to work for a global leader in offshore wind and be responsible for our wind farm project commissioning managers and onshore construction managers?
Join us and become Manager of Onshore Construction Management and Wind Farm Commissioning Project Management. You’ll be responsible for managing experienced civil construction managers, construction supervisors and wind farm commissioning project managers.
The Onshore Construction Management department consists of highly-skilled construction managers and construction supervisors. They’re working in the projects and are responsible for the civil works on our onshore substations and O&M office and storage facilities. They work locally on site.
The Wind Farm Commissioning Project Management department consists of highly-skilled wind farm commissioning project managers. They’re responsible for overall project commissioning coordination, electrical safety and the energisation of the entire wind farm.
Transition asset management with maintenance activities is part of the scope for your managers.
You’ll be a member of a leadership team in the line part of our matrix organisation. Our leadership environment is characterised by trust, ambition and a desire to develop you too.
Your key tasks will be to
- lead and develop your teams in accordance with strategy and business needs
- set the direction for your people and ensure alignment with stakeholder needs
- participate in the strategic development of the entire construction management area
- be responsible for line management of employed and contract staff based and working at various locations worldwide and support the project execution business units
- enable the department to develop value-adding initiatives.
Furthermore, you’ll participate in and drive best practice.
Your competences include that you
- have extensive leadership experience in respect of project managers, senior specialists and/or large production teams or highly complex production environments and a proven track record in leading and developing teams
- have a relevant technical education, such as a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, preferably within one of the disciplines construction, electrical or marine engineering, combined with leadership education from a well-known educational institution
- are a team player who strives to show leadership by motivating your employees, understanding the surroundings that your teams are working in and managing stakeholders at different organisational levels
- have leadership experience from a large matrix organisation in an international environment
- can create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Moreover, you’re highly decision-oriented and have the ability to maintain a high-level overview while managing human and technical issues. You speak and write English fluently, and you’re willing to travel a day or two per week on average to our sites and other offices when needed.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 6 May 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper B. Ladefoged, Head of Construction Management, by telephone on +45 4020 7136 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com or as above.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening; further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.