Can you motivate and lead a team of highly skilled employees responsible for array cables and termination works in our prestigious offshore wind projects?
Join us and become Manager for our Array Cables department where you will manage a department with 15 employees based at our offices in Skærbæk, Gentofte, London and Hamburg. You will be responsible for supply of array cables, termination of array cables and interfaces towards array cables in our wind projects around the world. The department supports the Wind Power strategy of expanding globally and making cost reductions by optimising the cable design on 33 and 66 kV while keeping availability at maximum.
The department is part of Wind Power which has 2100 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world’s largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind farm projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we are expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific.
You may choose freely to be based either at our office in Skærbæk near Fredericia or in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Your key tasks will be to
- conduct line management and provide leadership
- recruit and train people and manage people development
- develop how we work with our stakeholders by ensuring interface processes, good cooperation and stakeholder management, especially towards Substations, Foundations and our O&M functions when needed
- set the direction for how we work and follow up on product development
- ensure the quality of work carried out in the department
- ensure that fabrication and commissioning are carried out according to plan & specs while safeguarding critical-to-quality (product) issues until handover to Operations.
In addition, you will optimise your organisation to be prepared for the future in an ever-changing environment. You will develop your employees' business acumen to perform efficiently and will ensure cross-organisational collaboration to enable innovation, improvements and co-creation of value with our customers to reduce cost of electricity and streamline our business.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a master's degree in Electrical Engineering within the field of power systems
- have experience with managing engineers across geographical distances in a strong matrix organisation, and with HV components such as cables
- have a solid technical understanding and relevant experience within the wind power industry
- have a passion for leadership and development of talented engineers, and a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment and excel in creating good relationships with your stakeholders.
In addition, you are good at explaining complex matters in a simple way. You are a skilled change manager and constantly looking to challenge the norms to boost performance and stakeholder management.
Preferably, you have an understanding of MV/HV/EHV cable technology, technical risk assessment and product quality.
A unique and challenging job where you have every opportunity to develop your skills, when you help to carry out some of the world’s largest offshore wind projects.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
Please do not hesitate to contact Unnur Stella Gudmundsdottir, Senior Manager for HV Cables, on telephone +45 9955 7429, if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files, via the "Ansøg" link, as soon as possible and no later than by 20 August 2017.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder