Manager in the Planning, Risk and Scope Management department
Can you motivate and lead a team of highly skilled employees working on our prestigious offshore wind projects?
Join us and become Manager of one of the Planning, Risk & Scope Management department’s four teams where you’ll be leading a dedicated team of 15-18 highly skilled specialists. Our area provides the Group’s offshore wind projects with project management support within the 5 PMI disciplines: integration, scope, schedule, resource and risk management.
You’ll join a dynamic leadership team with focus on collaboration, team performance and customer satisfaction. We’re part of the Project Management Support line organisation with approximately 170 employees and a larger management group cooperating closely with our colleagues across the entire organisation and participating in all project phases.
Your key tasks will be to
- motivate and drive your team’s and the overall department’s performances towards the company goals
- ensure, in close cooperation with the management team, that professional competences are developed and that processes and tools are standardised and implemented to support the project’s needs
- provide expert knowledge and sparring to the projects and assure quality of work performed by own resources
- be responsible for recruitment, training and onboarding as well as people development, PDD’s etc.
- allocate resources to projects and maintain communication with internal stakeholders.
Moreover, you’ll participate in project control-related initiatives around the organisation and interact with relevant stakeholders, and you’ll support the head of Planning, Risk & Scope Management in driving strategic development activities.
Your competences include that you
- have leadership experience, preferably from a matrix organisation
- have a master’s or bachelor’s degree in engineering or economics, or an equivalent leadership qualification
- have experience with project control management and can draw on experience, knowledge and preferably competences equivalent to PMP, IPMA or Prince2
- speak and write English fluently, thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders
- have business acumen and understand the key drivers and levers that influence business performance.
Additionally, you have good communication skills, enabling you to manoeuvre efficiently in a complex matrix environment. You have strong people skills and see yourself as a good motivator who is able to coach, support and develop your team. You’re skilled at managing stakeholders and able to keep the bigger picture in mind, yet you understand the importance of minding the details from the minor to the larger ones.
You manage change and are able to drive yourself and your team forward in an environment embracing innovations and improvements across the organisation.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 8 November 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Dorthe Wøldike Hansen, Senior Manager of Planning, Risk & Scope Management, by telephone on +45 9955 2055 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.