Machine Learning and Deep Learning Specialist for new Artificial Intelligence team
Do you want to be part of the next revolution within hearing devices that will improve the quality of life for millions of hearing impaired people? Do you want to work with cutting-edge AI technology and push boundaries in the intersection between AI and audio processing?
What we offer
Widex recently launched “SoundSense Learn” - the first ever AI feature within the industry - as part of the new Widex Evoke™ platform. SoundSense Learn relies on machine learning together with reinforcement learning to perform “AI at the edge”. SoundSense Learn can learn the end-user's preferences in the current environment fast and reliably and adjust the hearing aid sound processing accordingly. At Widex we have ambitious goals within the field of AI. We have therefore launched a dedicated AI team which brings together experts in machine learning and data-science. The team has a high degree of start-up culture with a “fail-fast” and “develop as we go” mentality.
We offer the opportunity for talented candidates that have a strong theoretical foundation within state-of-the-art machine-learning methodologies combined with a practical mindset to join the newly formed AI team.
Your primary goal will be to conceptualize, develop, test and refine solutions based on machine learning, in support of our future generations of advanced hearing aids and services relying significantly upon AI.
Your daily tasks include:
- Invention, proof-of-concept and prototyping of cutting-edge algorithms and machine learning applications
- Specification and testing of algorithms on relevant platforms
- Analyzing real-world data sets for valuable insights and innovations
- Understanding user needs and exploring the challenges of hearing-aid users and hearing-care providers
Furthermore, you will be involving stakeholders across the organization, i.e. other R&D departments, audiology experts, IT, marketing etc.
You have a strong theoretical background which you apply to solve new problems. You enjoy diving into the nitty-gritty details and gaining thorough understanding of complex methodologies. You can exemplify successes within your area of expertise. You work comfortably and efficiently in teams, towards a common goal. We are breaking new ground in the team, so you need to be a fast learner and creative within machine learning, while being able to keep up with new advances within the machine learning community.
- M.Sc., Ph.D. or equivalent within the fields of machine learning, AI etc.
- Strong analytical mindset and desire to build real-world solutions from real-world data.
- Coding proficiency and experience in relevant open-source machine-learning frameworks, e.g. Python, TensorFlow, Keras, scikit-learn.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong theoretical background in non-parametric Bayesian data analysis, e.g. Gaussian processes
- Practical experience with large-scale machine learning technologies, e.g. deep learning, autoencoders, or general adversarial networks
- Extended knowledge of various frameworks and languages such as
- Implementation of GPU-assisted algorithms using CUDA with C/C++
- Version control and organization collaborative projects using Git
- Application of coding best practices
Please submit your application as soon as possible, but no later than January 31st, 2019. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis. If you require further information about this position, please contact us via e-mail: Adam Westermann (email@example.com) or Jens Brehm Nielsen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.