We offer the opportunity for talented candidates to join our Algorithm & Sound team at Widex Global Research and Development. Widex’ core business is hearing aids and related audiology services. With focus on structuring and modeling data, and applying modern machine learning methods, we aim to provide groundbreaking solutions within hearing-aid signal processing, functionality and services. You will be part of a dynamic and cross-functional team which develops Widex’ future features and functionality that help millions of hearing impaired people worldwide.
Widex hearing aids are renowned for their quality and their persistent emphasis on delivering clear and natural sound but also for pushing the envelope and bringing new innovations to the market. Recently, Widex launched the Evoke platform with “Sound Sense Learn”. This feature is the first of its kind and uses a machine learning algorithm to learn user preference and thereby adjust the sound processing in the hearing aid.
You will be part of a specialized project team consisting of experts within the field and you can expect a highly collaborative and dynamic work life. Furthermore, you will be involving stakeholders across the organization, i.e. other R&D departments, IT, marketing etc. Your primary goal will be to conceptualize, develop, test and refine solutions based on machine learning, in support of our future generations of advanced hearing aids and services
Your daily tasks include:
- Invention, proof-of-concept and prototyping of cutting edge algorithms and machine learning applications
- Specification, and testing of algorithms on relevant platforms
- Breaking down complex tasks and planning your daily work with the team
- Understanding user needs and exploring the challenges of hearing-aid users and hearing-care providers
You can exemplify successes within your area of expertise, preferably in relation to product development. You work comfortably and efficiently in teams, towards a common goal. You are creative when facing complex problems. We are breaking new ground in the team, so you need to be a fast learner and creative within data science and machine learning, while keeping up with new developments within the machine learning community.
- M.Sc., Ph.D. or equivalent within the fields of machine learning and data science
- Strong analytical mindset combined with an ability to build real-world solutions from real-world unstructured data.
- Proficiency in Python and C/C++
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Desired qualifications within:
- Strong theoretical background in non-parametric Bayesian data analysis, e.g., Gaussian processes
- Strong practical experience with large-scale machine learning approaches, e.g., deep learning
- Experience with open-source and cloud-based large-scale distributed computing frameworks for data science, e.g., Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- We do a lot of coding in many different frameworks and languages. Therefore, coding experience and well-developed programming principles in general is an absolute plus, e.g.
- Use of open-source Python frameworks/libraries like Tensorflow, scikit-learn, etc.
- Implementation of GPU-assisted algorithms using CUDA with C/C++
- Continuous integration and delivery of applications using Docker and Jenkins
- Version control of collaborative projects using Git
Please submit your application as soon as possible, but no later than August 22nd, 2018. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis. If you require further information about this position, please contact us via e-mail: Morten Løve Jepsen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Adam Westermann (email@example.com).
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder