Would you like work for a world leader within renewable energy and take up the technical challenges regarding design and construction of our onshore/offshore substations?
Join us and become our new LV Power Engineer in Substation Electrical & Commissioning Management where you’ll manage the design and integration of low voltage (LV) and utility components into an onshore/offshore substation design and construction, along with 15 committed colleagues.
You’ll become part of a department which is responsible for LV design and installations, integration management and commissioning management of electrical installations.
You may choose freely to be based either at our office in Skærbæk near Fredericia or in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. As we’re based in Gentofte, Skærbæk and a few on sites, you should expect some travelling between locations. Moreover, since Ørsted is expanding globally, you should also expect expatriation outside Europe.
Your key tasks will be to
- be responsible for design of LV and utility systems on onshore/offshore substations during all phases from concept to commissioning.
- prepare technical specifications, design basis, lists and calculations for LV and utility components for both onshore/offshore substations
- ensure that the deliverables from engineering, fabrication and principal contractors are the right quality according to requirements.
- participate in FAT/SAT of main LV and utility systems on onshore and offshore substations
- participate in project team meetings and cross-disciplinary cooperation, support supervision and commissioning activities as well as handover to Operation & Maintenance.
Furthermore, you’ll proactively co-ordinate with other internal stakeholders to secure the inputs on time.
Your competences include that you
- hold a relevant degree in electrical engineering and are interested in working with electrical design for onshore/offshore substations
- have extensive and relevant technical design experience preferably within onshore/offshore substations
- have hands-on experience in LV power system design and studies, calculations, equipment sizing and specifications
- have hands-on experience with tools like ePLAN, ETAP, FEBDOK or Dialux, and extensive experience with relevant international standards
- have a strong analytical approach, enabling you to handle a range of complex tasks quickly.
Moreover, you are proactive, flexible and enjoy sharing your knowledge within the project group and the entire department. Previous experience in multi-cultural, international projects is a plus, and you should speak and write English fluently, as we operate in an international environment. Finally, you need to thrive on teamwork, as you’ll be performing cross-disciplinary work and cooperating with colleagues and external business partners.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 17 June 2018, as we'll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don't hesitate to contact Senthil Gnanasambandan, Manager of Electrical & Mechanical Sub. Design., by telephone on +45 9955 7350, if you'd like to know more about the position.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may procure a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder