MAN Energy Solutions is looking for an experienced Technical Engineer with a solid knowledge and experience with planning, spare parts & overhauls of 2 & 4-Stroke Engines.
The LTSA Department is located in our Copenhagen office while the technical services for our customers take place worldwide.
What am I going to do?
As Technical Engineer, your responsibilities will be:
- Rendering optimum service, maintenance and troubleshooting on MAN 2 & 4-stroke engines
- Supporting customer inquiries by e-mail and phone
- Preparing technical reports
- Supporting the worldwide organization
- Updating the Customers’ maintenance plans and spare parts lists.
- Assisting the Project teams with spare parts handling and Sales teams with technical assistance in the tendering process.
- Performing quality control of documentation when needed, including commenting and technical proof reading of reports from superintendents who have performed the service onboard.
- Giving suggestions for improvements, optimization and development.
- Cooperating and coordinating with local MAN Energy Solutions’ offices around the world.
- Contributing to a high professional integrity in the team.
- Assisting with other ad-hoc assignments to ensure that any gaps in LTSA Technical Department are covered.
The core of a LTSA is a Maintenance Plan with pre-defined and/or condition based intervals of engine inspections, preventive maintenance and associated delivery of spare parts. These planned services are covered by a fixed fee.
When engines under LTSA require unplanned maintenance, the Customer’s needs are accommodated for by organizing inspections, on-board service, workshop overhauls and/or delivery of spare parts on short notice. These additional services require technical support to the customer and within LTSA for scoping, proposals, planning, execution, quality control and technical reporting.
Who am I?
The ideal candidate is a great communicator, a skilled problem solver and is highly organized. The ability to be personable and tenacious is also a key factor to being successful in the position.
We imagine that:
- You work structured and result oriented and are able to comply with quality standards.
- You can understand and identify customer needs and requirements.
- You have the ability to guide the project and the team members in the right direction.
- You are capable of identifying risks and actively manage the identified challenges.
- You are able to meet required deadlines.
- You can identify and understand customer needs and requirements.
- You are a true team player, who creates great teamwork.
- You are working structured and result oriented within the given rules and guidelines.
- Thrive in a dynamic, changing and fast-paced environment through efficiency and prioritization.
- You can convincingly communicate complex issues to others.
- You are able to cooperate across organizational and cultural boundaries in a global organization.
- Higher education as Engineer, Marine Engineer, Technical Engineer or Similar.
- You have proven track record, that you are a solid 2-Stroke Technical Engineer, with previous job references.
- Solid experience with ERP systems, SAP (PM) is preferred.
- Experience with multicultural customer relations.
- You speak and write Danish & English fluently and have worked in an international environment.
How is my new team?
The staff in the LTSA Technical Department consists of Technical Advisors, Engineers, Site Managers and Superintendents. These are located in Denmark and abroad.
Digitalization is key for MAN and each member of the LTSA Technical Department is expected to contribute in further development of online data transfer from vessels in order to analysis and troubleshoot via MAN’s Remote Operating Centre in Copenhagen.
A member in your new team describes the culture as “Strong and dynamic team with direct effect of LTSA business outcome”.
What is Long Term Service Agreements (LTSA)
LTSA follows long time Maintenance Plans with pre-defined and/or condition based intervals of inspections on engines. Included in the LTSA is also preventive maintenance with associated reconditioning and delivery of spare parts, condition monitoring and access to technical advice.
Who are MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany; MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we makes a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contributes to a carbon neutral economy.
PrimeServ is MAN Energy Solutions’ After Sales Organization, where we sell spares parts, retrofit solutions, services, training and technical knowhow to our customers. We want to be the customers preferred Service Partner and build up long-term relations to our customers through Long Term Service Agreements.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer me?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do I apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is Wednesday the 17th August 2022. We’ll conduct interviews during the application period.
If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact Head of LTSA Technical Department Jakob Gericke by phone on +45 2112 1978 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder