LTSA Junior Project Manager
Do you want to play a role in achieving MAN Energy Solutions’ ambitious decarbonisation targets? And do you have what it takes to take part in leading the way in how we execute complex long term service projects for clients across the world in a market with increasing attention on decarbonisation? MAN Energy Solutions is looking for an Junior Project Manager to contribute to execution of engine long term service agreements (LTSAs) for international Customers, who are amongst the world’s largest marine transportation companies. The position is base in Copenhagen.
As Junior Project Manager you are part of a large project - managing a subset of the project, or you head a minor project of lower complexity. On large projects, you are part of leading the project with main responsible for planning on detail level and operational & administrative part of project execution – besides ensuring project progress together with the project manager. You provide support to the Project Manager, ensuring continuity and efficiency of project execution from start to finish through clear communication to customer and all parties involved. Furthermore you are accountable for,
- Acting as operations facilitator: Facilitating solutions and make operational compromises to ensure efficient project progress. Gathering the threads in the pursuit of solutions that span across departments and domain areas (e.g. technical), including follow-up on actions (e.g. meeting organizer, action matrix management).
- Contributing to the overall project planning with detail planning, including time scheduling, ordering and following up on man-power for service jobs worldwide in dialogue with the Customers’ Vessel Managers, Agents and Chief Engineers, MAN’s local offices and MAN superintendents.
- Be aware of all aspects of the scopes of work, so that proper assistance to the Project Manager can be provided.
- Support project manager with management of project team, including planning-, organizing- and directing the project work of project team.
- Briefing and de-briefing of superintendents on job scope, quality- and reporting requirements. Following up on service reports from the superintendents, through quality control to uploading of the reports to internal and external portals.
- Following up on spare parts ordered by LTSA or the Vessel and received on board in due time for service jobs.
- Following up on receipt of supplier invoices and issue of invoices to customers.
- Collecting internal and external technical data and preparing monthly reports to the Customers with past month activities and plan for the coming months’ activities.
- Writing minutes from internal and external project meetings.
- Contribute and drive initiatives of project execution improvements (processes mapping and optimization including maintenance of guidelines).
The Junior Project Manager reports to the Head of LTSA Project Management in Copenhagen. As Junior Project Manager. On large projects you are part of a the project team consisting of a project manager, technical advisor, spare parts & logistics coordinator, project engineers, and business controller/accountant.
The core of a LTSA is a Maintenance Plan with pre-defined and/or condition based intervals of engine inspections, preventive maintenance and associated delivery of spare parts. These planned services are covered by a fixed fee.
When engines under LTSA require unplanned maintenance, the Customer’s needs are accommodated for by organizing inspections, service, workshop overhauls and/or delivery of spare parts on short notice. These additional services require scoping, proposals, orders, logistics, execution, reporting, invoicing and following up on payments.
- You thrive in a dynamic, changing and fast-paced environment through efficiency and prioritization.
- You are analytical and have a strong attention to detail, while maintaining the big picture purpose and direction.
- You are highly organized and able to multitask and oversee several projects simultaneously
- You have leadership skills and a strong ownership mindset.
- You work result oriented - taking pride in meeting required deadlines.
- Stakeholder management is one of your main strengths and you are experienced in navigating a large complex organization.
- You can identify and understand customer needs and requirements.
- You are able to meet required deadlines also outside normal working hours.
- You are able to cooperate across cultural boundaries in global organizations.
- You know how to motivate and support project members.
- You are a true team player with a strong business mindset.
- >2 years’ experience of project management of smaller projects of technical nature (mechanical, maritime, offshore, marine, power, production), including coordinating with stakeholders, or
- >2 years’ experience as junior/assistant project manager to project manager on larger projects.
- Technical degree on bachelor level or equivalent knowledge gained in alternative ways from employment in high tech business within mechanical or construction area having a commercial degree on professional bachelor level as basis.
- Welcome but not a must: Experience with maintenance and/or spare parts for marine engines.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, Word and Projects.
- Welcome but not a must: Experience with SAP.
- Fluency in written and oral and English.
Your new team
The LTSA Department is part of MAN Energy Solution’s after sales organization PrimeServ, where we sell spares parts, retrofit solutions, services, training and technical knowhow to our customers.
We want our customers to experience us as a true partner. One that is easy to do business with. One that really cares about their business. We will be fast and flexible in our response to customer requirements.
MAN in Denmark
We’re approx. 2,100 employees in Denmark, of which 1,400 colleagues are located at the Danish headquarters next to the water in the area of Sydhavn (South Harbor) in Copenhagen. You’ll find our R&D center here, full of top-class technical capabilities for the development of innovative engines for ships and power plants across the globe. In the field of two-stroke engines, we’re the world’s leading knowledge center by far. We also have our largest after-sales service center (PrimeServ) here in Copenhagen, as well as our large IT department and a wide range of staff functions.
MAN Energy Solutions offer a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, including:
- Great flexibility so your work and home life can fit together
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Great canteen
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Massage scheme
- Discount clubs
Application and contact
Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, an application letter and relevant documents. The application deadline is 30th of June 2023. We’ll conduct interviews during the application period.
If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact Head of LTSA DK Rasmus Kristensen by phone on +45 29237482.
More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.