Wind means the world to us, and we are looking for you to join us.
So if you master structural dynamic loads, conducting field measurements and analyzing data, then you might be the right candidate for the position as Lead Engineer.
Industrialization > Test and Validation > Turbine Validation
The Turbine Validation department is responsible for field-testing of Vestas turbines and technologies. To enforce the loads area, a lead engineering position is open.
The primary responsibility is to plan, execute and report on loads certification projects. The right candidate has the ability to overview the whole process in a complex measurement process and understands the structural design of wind turbines and static and fatigue load on tower, blades, drive train etc.
The tasks include the following:
- Data/signal analysis, reporting of the measured data from wind turbines
- Present and advise design owners (Platform, Chief specialists and Product Management on design evaluations
- Handling contact and contracts for external test institutes
- Participate in development of tools platform and drive the knowledge in the area
- Project management and technical lead of own projects
For this position, a strong background in mechanical engineering and measurements needs to be combined with excellent analytical skills and a solution oriented approach. Further required qualifications are:
- A master degree in mechanical engineering
- Experience in measurements on large and dynamic structures
- Experience with field measurements and type approvals for wind turbines
- Experience with models and simulation and comparison to measured loads on other dynamic structures
- Computer programming skills in Matlab
- Measurements systems, DAQ's, strain gauges and other sensors
- Familiar with IEC 61400-13
- Structured, trustworthy, communicative and self-motivated
- Fluent in English and driver’s license
What we offer
We offer a position in a highly committed and multi cultural team where professional and personal development is in focus
This position is placed in Aarhus, Denmark.
Occasional travel activities in DK are to be expected in connection with this position.
For additional information about the position, please contact: Director, Jesper Aagaard +45 2256 7555.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 2256 7555