For our Loads and Control Department at our global engineering head office in Brande, we are looking for a load design engineer to strengthen our Wind Turbine Loads and Design team. With the high level aim of minimizing the cost of energy produced by our wind turbines, the team is responsible for making state of the art load and control solutions for our large turbine development projects. As a load design engineer you will be included in a strong technical load team, situated in the US and Denmark, and be a vital part of the turbine development project team where your technical skills and ability to communicate effectively will be challenged.
What are my responsibilities?
- Performing load calculations for product development and type approvals
- Testing and validating your load calculations on prototype wind turbines
- Engaging in the early turbine design phase to ensure the optimal turbine design is achieved together with the turbine Chief Engineer and Project Manager
- Acting as load and control coordinator on the large turbine development projects
- Optimizing our loads and control design procedure by improving our tools and methods
- Improving aero-elastic modelling and structural interfaces
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a Masters or Ph.D degree in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- You have a strong background in structural dynamics
- You have experience within structural element modelling and aero-elastic calculation systems. Knowledge of classic control is preferred.
- You have some years of experience within the wind industry, preferably within wind turbine modelling
- You possess excellent English skills both oral and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens Wind Power is a leading supplier of wind power solutions for onshore, offshore and coastal sites. Denmark is a core part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 6,000 employees out of a global staff of more than 11,500 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Apply online in English for the job at www.siemens.dk/career. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information about the recruitment process, please contact the recruiting team via phone: +45 4477 5772.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder