Future in the making – Grab this exciting opportunity to take part in the optimization and preparation of the future for MAN Energy Solutions production and logistic
MAN Energy Solutions
For production and logistic
Future in the making – Grab this exciting opportunity to take part in the optimization and preparation of the future for MAN Energy Solutions production and logistic. With a commitment to creating our future, you will join a future state-of-the-art factory as MAN Energy Solution in 2027 will relocate to Trekroner, Roskilde – until then, you will be a FutureMaker in our current facilities, driving, supporting, and coaching a variety of optimization initiatives. All of which support our decarbonizing commitments toward our goals in 2030.
Automation and digitalization are high on the agenda and will be a natural topic and area of focus whenever implementing improvements. However, bringing the people on board will be a crucial aspect of the challenge as a Lean Expert – balancing technical solutions and having people involved and taking ownership will be a key driver for change management and the future culture in production and logistics at MAN Energy Solutions.
What are you going to do?
As Lean Expert, you will:
- Promote, advise, and inspire the organization in your continuous improvement journey - being close to the daily operation, supporting and driving lean initiatives will be a natural part of the job
- Be our shopfloor management driver, supporting the organization in maturing our improvement culture. The position calls for an on-site resource in Copenhagen.
- This includes identifying areas for improvement and translating ideas into actual actions being a frontier for efficient execution of improvements – this means being the lead on kaizen events yourself and taking the necessary measures to succeed
- Provide new insights for improvements and problem-solving by supporting the organization with analytics and a natural data-driven mindset
- Take an active part in ensuring that daily business decisions/improvements support and connect with our strategic direction – this means challenging priorities and mindsets
- Teach, facilitate and coach - that being lean tools and six sigma as well as complex systematic problem-solving across the organization.
Who are you?
We imagine that you:
- Have 3 years of Lean experience with a track record of Lean improvements
- Preferable hold a Lean Six Sigma green belt certification and have practical experience with agile methods
- Bring experience in working with project management, operational excellence, and performance management to challenge our current approaches and ways of working
- Are familiar with working in a production environment and enjoying being on the shopfloor on a daily basis
- Preferably, have a relevant education, e.g. as a production engineer or similar - this is not a requirement.
- We expect you to be an open, curious and empathic individual that sees great value in performing as part of a team while always looking out for making improvements
- Are fluent in Danish and English, both spoken and written
You might be perfect… but if not
Although we are looking for a candidate with all the above skills, you may not be able to accommodate all of them. However, we have one essential must-have requirement, which is your mindset. We expect you to explore your blind spots by showing the willingness to learn what is needed to excel in the position as our Lean Expert.
How is your new team/area of business?
You will be part of a small team that supports our production and logistic facilities with activities spanning from very local operational improvements to much more strategic initiatives. The team's main focus is on ensuring the execution of strategic objectives. Whether this is as a driver, supporter, or coach will be defined by the needs of the organization. Our team is highly driven by the eagerness to improve, we cultivate a collaborative environment where feedback and trust are important drivers in the dynamic of the team. Also, a good sense of humor is one of our most important fuels.
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do you apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is Thursday the 13th of October, 2022. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Martin Drost – Head of strategy and performance by phone on +45 24464679. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder