At the VELUX Group, we give you the chance to grow. To shape your own career. To work in an international environment. To be part of a company that leads the market in sustainable indoor living. We offer you a world of opportunities - if you have the ability and the drive to take them. Discover more at velux.com/career or velux.dk/karriere
Do you have what it takes to drive business improvements across our global supply organisation? And do you enjoy creating results in close collaboration with colleagues across functions and organisational levels?
Join our Global Supply Operational Excellence team to drive lean activities across the internal VELUX supply chain and within our European production companies to strengthen our high lean ambitions.
You will be part of the Global Supply Operational Excellence team together with 6 competent colleagues, currently working from Denmark and Slovakia. We initiate and support business improvements in our global supply organisation and develop our internal lean concept: the VELUX Operating System (VOS).
You will spend most of your time improving business processes in close collaboration with our general managers and their management teams, employees and local lean organisations in the supply support areas covering Production Technology & Engineering, Logistics, Purchase and Quality and at our 14 European production sites. You will play a significant role in further developing our lean concept in close collaboration with our VOS core team through workshops with top managers in the supply organisation.
All in all, you will:
- Identify, initiate, support and follow up on local improvement projects by completing Gemba walks with managers on site, developing Kata coaching for managers, facilitating Kaizen events, etc.
- Develop lean academy training programmes for managers and employees
- Conduct lean assessments to monitor VOS progress and management behaviour and identify areas for improvement
- Develop the VOS concept focusing on business processes, such as policy deployment and process management as well as develop VOS methodologies to sustain long-term improvements
- Ensure that the changes you facilitate are acted upon throughout the supply organisation
You will be based in Østbirk, Denmark, and your primary work locations will be in Denmark, Germany or France. As the role requires local presence, you should expect to travel a minimum of 10 days a month to our locations around Europe.
You are a lean expert with great networking and change management skills, enabling you to truly make an impact by motivating stakeholders at all levels and driving your agenda through effective collaboration and knowledge sharing. And as a true lean advocate, you enjoy being part of the change you facilitate. Moreover, you:
- Have a master’s degree within business, economics, supply chain management or engineering
- Have solid experience with lean management in both production and administrative contexts, and you know how to train managers in lean thinking
- Have a proven track record of significant sustained business performance improvements
- Thrive working with a long-term approach to lean and are motivated not only by concept development but also by implementation, support and follow-up on lean activities
- Communicate effortlessly in English in both speech and writing - if you know another European language, it would be a plus
You will be part of a team of global lean specialists that, despite the physical distances, collaborate closely to share knowledge and develop each other’s competences. You will take up an exciting role where collaboration is key to making your lean agenda come to life through colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
“You get to experience the change you make by being close to where it all happens and engage with the people involved. Lean is the backbone of our supply strategy, and this means that you will experience solid support from a strong organisation in your everyday work,” says Director, Supply Operational Excellence, Peter Vestergaard.
Application and contact
If you would like to know more about this opportunity and the VELUX Group, please feel free to contact Director, Supply Operational Excellence, Peter Vestergaard on +45 2484 7569.
We look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible. We will review and invite relevant candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis until we find the right match.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.