Leading the DevOps transformation - are you up for the challenge?
Are you ready to lead the DevOps Strategy across our company, being at the forefront of implementing the strategy and establishing an engaged DevOps community?
Join us and become DevOps Lead in the Business Applications department where you’ll be the anchor point within DevOps. You’ll be key in explaining the practical benefits of DevOps while articulating and promoting the value of specific DevOps achievements, as they are realised. Business Applications plays a pivotal role in our digital journey – ensuring productivity, efficiency and the quality of IT in the entire organisation.
Your key tasks will be to
- be our DevOps thought leader: incorporating the DevOps vision in real technical solutions and driving new ideas, while challenging conventional thinking
- organise the DevOps portfolio: generate a shared understanding of the DevOps roadmap prioritisation and sequencing across multiple implementation areas.
- lead the DevOps Community of Practice (CoP): facilitate ongoing group discussions to define and evolve DevOps@Ørsted
- engage senior management stakeholders within both Business and IT.
Your competences include that you
- come from a technical background or role (e.g. developer, architect, tester), with extensive experience of leading in an advanced technology environment with an end-to-end delivery cycle
- have orchestrated technical tool evaluation and selection and gained in-depth knowledge of the processes and tools required to enable a full CI/CD pipeline orchestrated by VSTS
- have an understanding of the benefits of containerisation and image replication gained from practical experience of implementing and/or using Docker
- combine technical know-how with a strong business understanding, ideally from multiple industries, enabling you to quickly understand business needs and translate them into technical opportunities
- can interact with a wide variety of technical and business stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
In addition, you speak and write English fluently and are a strong communicator.
You have knowledge about agile transformation and SAFe. Your role as lead should be seen in the role as servant leader. Thus, your success will come from building trust and collaboration between DevOps practitioners and stakeholders in order to meet your primary objective of DevOps implementation.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 14 January 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Charlotte Fløe, Strategy Execution Manager of Business Applications, by telephone on +45 9955 7486 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.