Lead WTG Load Specialist for offshore wind farms
Would you like to be part of a team dedicated to optimising the design and operation of our world-wide wind farms, so that we can one day create a world that runs entirely on green energy?
Join us and become Lead WTG Load Specialist for Offshore Wind Farms in the Metocean & Loads department. The department is primarily responsible for the assessment of wind and marine conditions for our future offshore wind farms, as well as calculation of loads for design of wind turbine offshore structures. We support our organisation with expert knowledge on issues related to loads, aerodynamics and control from feasibility and concept studies to detailed design and follow-up in the operations phase.
Your key tasks will be to
- support the management team in defining the roadmap for technical development and priorities of the team, especially regarding our in-house DEFLEX models, and in identifying and driving new business opportunities involving loads, aerodynamics and control across the organisation
- participate in technical due diligence and turbine supply agreement negotiations for new wind turbines
- provide technical support to our Operations organisation in relation to WTG performance, root cause analysis of faults and development of monitoring systems to assess the integrity of WTGs over their lifetime
- give technical day-to-day support and guidance to our load specialists in maturity evaluations of new turbines, aeroelastic modelling and definition of design load cases
- ensure technical quality of the team’s deliverables.
Your competences include that you
- have a master's degree in engineering and extensive proven experience in building aeroelastic models and calculating loads on wind turbines, preferably from a wind turbine manufacturer
- have advanced knowledge of structural dynamics and aeroelasticity
- have a deep understanding of rotor aerodynamics and control and protection systems in relation to loads and stability
- have a general understanding of main drivers for WTG component design, including design load cases and post-processing of simulations.
You’re passionate and able to generate new ideas, and you proactively engage with relevant stakeholders across the organisation to identify new opportunities. Furthermore, you have an analytical and structured approach and you strive to improve our methods on a continuous basis. You’re a team player, and as such you provide and welcome feedback, and create momentum in the team by proactively sharing knowledge and inspiring the other team members.
You thrive in an international environment, working with colleagues of various nationalities and different professional and cultural backgrounds. Thus, it’s essential that you have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 21 June 2019.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Torben Søndergaard, Head of Metocean & Loads, by telephone on +45 9955 7125 or Juan Quirante, Team Leader of WTG Modelling & Technology, by telephone on +45 9955 2490 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.