Do you dare to work with innovative and modern IT infrastructure solutions that can deliver sustainable and future-proof IT on a global scale?
Join us and become Lead Technology Consultant in the Data Centres & Networks department where you, together with your colleagues, will get the daily responsibility for keeping our entire IT infrastructure up to date and fully operational.
The department is also responsible for designing, developing and driving (including Lifecycle Management) the entire network of our 150+ locations distributed around the world. We have a wireless-first strategy and have the end-to-end responsibility from the data centre into the campus of every office and production facility. We’re actively pursuing an SD-WAN strategy and we’re looking into micro-segmentation, both in our new data centres and in our campus networks.
Your key tasks will be to
- have the technical responsibility for our network (typically Cisco), Cisco DMVPN platform and MPLS backbone based on Cisco equipment
- have the technical responsibility for our ACI solution in the data centres, legacy Nexus datacentre components and our Network Segmentation
- have the technical responsibility for software-defined networking solutions (SD-WAN, SD-ACCESS) and driving force for automation via scripting
- work closely with our Network Security Management department for ongoing operational and optimisation initiatives as security and networking are two sides of the same coin
- collaborate with our various business units for project tasks and cooperate with internal key stakeholders and external suppliers
- perform third level support cases in DC & N’s area of responsibility
You should be able to communicate and deal with various specialists in the Infrastructure Management department. You’ll also be part of the coordination with suppliers and our own resources in the Kuala Lumpur office, from which much of our infrastructure is operated daily. Finally, you’ll work closely with our infrastructure architects and OT service departments, and coordinate and lead for internal tasks.
Your competences include that you
- have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and expert knowledge (preferably CCIE level) of modern networks and innovative technologies in the responsibility area (networks, datacentres)
- have experience maintaining Cisco ACI platform
- have expert knowledge and working experience using REST API, Python scripting, and preferably also PowerShell
- have expert knowledge on public and private cloud solutions.
- have good working experience designing Wi-Fi solutions in wireless-first networks.
It’s important that you can present a technical solution on the enterprise level, work as an advisor in project work and be able to challenge the solutions presented by vendors and service providers. We expect that you have expert knowledge about continuously improving network segmentation, and you have good working experience with SolarWinds, Cisco Prime, ISE and DNA Center. You can communicate effortlessly, both orally and in writing in English and Danish. It’s important that you understand the importance of documentation, have a great technical overview and can act on both strategic and technical levels to support the work of IT strategy, business strategy and product portfolio, while being familiar with ITIL guidelines.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 31 May 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Abid Mirza, Manager in DC&N, by telephone on +45 9955 7139 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.