Do you have strong analytical, strategic and extensive commodity deal making skills and wish to join a leading innovative, company in the European market?
Join us and become a Lead Structured Originator in the Gas Portfolio Management team where we manage and optimise gas assets, contracts and work closely with other internal business units to further expand and contribute to grow DONG’s value chain. The Gas Origination team works in the commodity markets, adding to and shaping the gas portfolio to further increase profit potential. We work closely with traders, quantitative teams, risk managers, external energy players some of which are upstream producers, merchants, financial institutions, other utilities and large end users.
The department is part of Distribution & Customer Solutions which has 1500 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. We handle the production from our wind farms and oil and gas fields to the energy exchanges and customers in Northern Europe, and we distribute electricity and natural gas to businesses and private customers in Denmark, Germany and UK.
You will be working out of our trading floor in Virum in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Your key tasks will be to
- originate, develop and execute structured deals within the European gas markets both asset-backed and non-asset-backed deals Cross commodity coverage.
- contribute to business development and structure deals which incorporate management of volatility, geographical spreads and time spreads
- maintain and further expand external deal relationships
- ensure all aspects of the deal making process is managed to reach completion including co-ordination with credit, trading, portfolio teams and internal stakeholders for implementation of deals
- work with Quantitative Analytics colleagues on development and pricing of structures.
Moreover, you follow up on industry developments across gas and power, and contribute to new product/business development innovation.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a master's degree in economics/engineering/mathematics or another relevant master's degree combined with a strong commercial acumen or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- have in-depth knowledge and understanding of the European energy markets
- have a proven track-record of originating gas transactions across upstream and midstream European gas markets with extensive counterparty relationships across the industry. Experience across power and renewables sectors is a strong plus
- are experience in structuring complex products with an understanding of price modelling have an analytical mind-set with strong verbal and communication skills.
Furthermore, you are highly motivated and have strong multi-tasking skills combined with sound business acumen with the ability to demonstrate innovation. You are a team player, possess strong competences for partnering with internal stakeholders and teams and have a strategic mindset with an ability to identify and develop new business opportunities. Preferably, you have experience from a trading company. You take initiatives to develop the business further and do not hesitate to challenge consensus. You are a strong communicator, which will be valuable in your daily work, and you are performance-driven and equipped with good negotiations skills.
Excellent opportunities for you to develop your personal and professional competences in a constantly changing international energy company. You will gain a network in the Northwest European energy sector and across our organisation.
In DONG Energy Distribution & Customer Solutions, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work dedicated every day to create value for both our customers and DONG Energy. We offer an exciting and informal workplace where the individual employee's value creation and results are the focal point.
Please do not hesitate to contact Mette Hansvik, Head of Structured Gas Origination, on telephone +44 77 69 304 155 if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files by 30 May 2017.
Click on the button to submit your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder