Do you want to play a key role in the specification and selection of structural steel for our offshore wind turbine support structures?
Join us and become Lead Steel Supply Specialist in Foundations Engineering and Fabrication Management (FEFM) where you’ll play a key role in the screening and qualification of foundation steel and flange suppliers globally. You’ll also be our key material specialist regarding specification and selection of suitable steels for all parts of our foundations. Foundations is responsible for all parts of the development, design, certification and fabrication phases for offshore wind turbine foundations.
We offer an exciting and strategically important role in a dedicated team of experienced leaders and specialists. You’ll have a great impact on the continuous development of our supply chain which is currently undergoing considerable growth and globalisation. We furthermore offer unique opportunities for personal development and a working environment characterised by trust, diversity, passion and the ambition to maintain our position as the global leader within green energy.
Your key tasks will be to
- drive the technical part of our screening and qualification of steel suppliers, including suppliers of plates, tubes and tower flanges
- be responsible for our technical standards for structural metallic materials
- evaluate documentation regarding method descriptions from steel suppliers, including pre-qualification, follow-up and development of suppliers
- provide feedback and support to our execution projects regarding steel selection according to relevant codes and standards.
Your competences include that you
- are a metallurgist with considerable field experience with ultra-heavy steel plates (80-150 mm) from one or more steel mills
- are preferably a lead auditor
- have extensive experience with steel selection and specification in accordance with all relevant standards commonly used by the offshore wind industry
- are an effective communicator and have a proactive and systematic approach to your tasks
- speak and write English fluently, thrive in an international environment and have a flair for building strong relations to stakeholders
- possess good communication skills and thrive on being proactive in your relations with your colleagues across a geographically scattered organisation.
Join a global leader in green energy
Imagine a future where you power your career while creating a world that runs entirely on green energy. Ørsted has been ranked the world’s most sustainable company and is a global leader in offshore wind energy. With a market share of 30%, we’re not only transforming the way the world is powered – we’re leading the global green energy transition.
To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. You’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment where you learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects that will ignite your potential and unleash your talent.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 1 July 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Christian Ulrich Barfoed, Head of Foundations Engineering and Fabrication Management, by telephone +45 99 55 67 14 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.