Lead Specialist in Array Cables for our offshore wind farms
Would you like to focus on technical aspects, stakeholder analysis and be part of building array cable connections across all our projects on a global scale?
Join us and become our new Lead Specialist in the Array Cables department where you’ll be responsible for the technical governance and implementation of 33-66kV offshore cable connections between the various wind turbines. You’ll be involved in all engineering phases related to array cable systems for offshore wind farms across our markets.
Your key tasks will be to
- develop, document and enforce technical best practices across the department by creating and maintaining processes, technical requirements and technical notes
- perform and/or oversee thermal, electrical and mechanical calculations in accordance with the latest standards
- ensure technical governance and quality across our portfolio by capturing and analysing NCRs and implementing lessons learnt across projects
- ensure that all interfaces towards other departments are being managed in accordance with technical best practice
- support the procurement team in evaluating the technical compliance of the various cable suppliers in terms of testing, design, accessories, and termination work
- In addition, you’ll support the development of technical levers for optimising costs and time schedules on asset projects. Moreover, one of your primary responsibilities will be to assist our existing wind farms in securing high availability on all assets. Finally, you’ll support the Senior Lead Specialist with regards to verifying new technologies, participating in conferences and other R&D activities as well as mentoring new employees
Your competences include that you
- have a master's degree or PhD in electrical engineering or similar
- have extensive experience working for a cable supplier (or a TSO) with specific competences in subsea cable systems. Detailed knowledge of submarine cable standards is essential - including, but not limited to, CIGRE Technical Brochures, IEC, ICEA, AEIC
- have a strong background with both technical and commercial aspects related to array cables
- have a proactive and systematic approach to the technical tasks you’ll perform across the department
- speak and write English fluently.
As a person, you thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders. You’re independent and a strong initiator with the ability to lead challenging issues within a complex matrix organisation.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 19 October 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Simone Pagliuca, Manager of Array Cables, by telephone on +45 9955 7336 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Although you’ll be based in Gentofte near Copenhagen, you should expect some travelling to our offices and sites in Northern Europe, North America and Asia.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.