Lead Specialist for civil works in relation to substations
Do you want the technical responsibility of ensuring that we continue to deliver world-class onshore substations, O&M and storage facilities across the US, Asia-Pacific and European regions?
Join us and become Lead Specialist in our Substations Engineering and Fabrication Management functional area where you’ll be the technical authority within all technical deliverables and the focal point of contact for stakeholders on strategic decisions related to our onshore civil technical area of responsibility. Together with Electrical Systems and Product Line, Substations delivers world-class transmission systems, O&M and storage facilities with a strong focus on reducing costs through continual technological advancement.
Your key tasks will be to
- provide technical leadership within civil works
- maintain and drive development of technical documentation and strategy
- participate in project reviews and suppliers’ meetings
- drive market intelligence and mapping of new technology
- give advice on technical solutions and provide decision makers with the technical information necessary to make sound business decisions.
Furthermore, you’ll minimise implementation and QHSE risk of new technologies and concepts. You’ll have a close cooperation with the offshore Lead Specialist within the department and in general the specialist team within Substations in aligning strategies, technical development and innovation as well as securing the company’s business interests through sound technology implementation.
Your competences include that you
- have extensive experience with civil design, e.g. through being involved in onshore substation design, power plants or other complex civil projects globally
- have extensive understanding of design-bid-build and EPC sourcing models
- have a experience with 3D/5D and BIM
- have a good understanding of other engineering disciplines (HVAC, fire and safety, mechanical and electrical) and how these are integrated into a civil design
- preferably have participated in or been part of standard/norm works.
In addition, you can prepare technical documents that can be easily understood and adopted by others. You’re outgoing and take joy in being part of a specialist team where coordination and collaboration is essential for success.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the renewable’s transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewables of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 4 October 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please do not hesitate to contact Ronnie Brandstrup, Director and Head of Substations Engineering and Fabrication Management, by telephone on +45 9955 6777 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect travelling to the US and APAC and around Europe in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.